Connecting client computers to SBS 2011 with http://connect gives a runtime error RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

When I try to connect a client computer to SBS2011 with http://connect, I get the following runtime error.

It says the assembly is build with a newer runtime.  How can I get it working again?

Serverfout in toepassing /.

Configuratiefout

Beschrijving: Er is een fout opgetreden tijdens het verwerken van een configuratiebestand dat vereist is om aan deze aanvraag te voldoen. Raadpleeg de hieronder weergegeven details van deze fout en pas uw configuratiebestand overeenkomstig aan.

Parser-foutbericht: Kan bestand of assembly ClientSetupWebsite of een van de afhankelijkheden hiervan niet laden. Deze assembly is gebouwd door een runtime die nieuwer is dan de momenteel geladen runtime, en kan niet worden geladen.

Fout in bron:
    Regel 57:                 <add assembly="System.EnterpriseServices, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>
    Regel 58:                 <add assembly="System.Web.Mobile, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>
    Regel 59:                 <add assembly="*"/>
    Regel 60:                 <add assembly="System.Runtime.Serialization, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089, processorArchitecture=MSIL"/>
    Regel 61:                 <add assembly="System.IdentityModel, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089, processorArchitecture=MSIL"/>

Bronbestand: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\Config\web.config    Regel: 59

Laadtracering van assembly: U kunt de volgende informatie gebruiken om vast te stellen waarom de assembly ClientSetupWebsiteniet kan worden geladen.
    WRSCH: registratie van assembly-bindingen is uitgeschakeld.
    Als u assembly-bindingsfouten wilt registreren, stelt u de registerwaarde [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) in op 1.
    Opmerking: er is een prestatiestraf gekoppeld aan de registratie van assembly-bindingsfouten.
    Als u deze functie wilt uitschakelen, verwijdert u de registerwaarde [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Versiegegevens: Microsoft .NET Framework Versie:2.0.50727.8806; ASP.NET Versie:2.0.50727.8762

Tuesday, March 31, 2020 11:30 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please try to access the connect website on SBS itself via IE and confirm that if you can successfully access the website. Besides, please also try to access the connect website on internal client system which connects to same network as SBS and confirm that if it works. 

Besides, please open CMD with admin permission, using “sfc /scannow” to check/repair system files. 

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 1, 2020 6:33 AM
  • Hi,

How things are going there on this issue?

Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang  

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 6, 2020 7:46 AM
  • With any modern computer (I mean more recent than Windows Vista), you will end with "Manual configuration" mode which means you should ensure some version of .NET Framework 4 is installed on the new "client" computer (which it most certainly is), then download http://connect/package/launcher.exe then run that program (as administrator, obviously).

The "Launcher" program has not changed since 2010, so it is expected to download without problem (if it does not, you should check seriously the IIS settings of your SBS server).

Then I do not know if running the Launcher will work OK or not, given your apparent problem with the IIS server on SBS.

Anyway with SBS 2011 standard on a new computer, the connect site does not do much more than joining the computer to the domain; then the GPO will perform automatically the necessary tasks next time the computer is booted within the SBS network.

Also, if you have installed an update to PowerShell (as part of Windows Management Framework 3 or more) on the SBS server, then things like what you are experiencing happen. There does not seem to be any way to run updated version of Windows Management Framework on SBS 2011.

Thursday, April 23, 2020 3:17 PM