none
403 Forbidden on new Project PWA site. RRS feed

• Question

• Problem #1 :
    Running Sharepoint 2019 on Server 2019, after creation, PWA site worked fine untill server reset.
    Then the URL of the PWA site like "server/pwa" shows 403 Forbidden error.
    Got admin rights on the server, farm, domain, etc.
    Any ideas?

After that, since i needed access to projects imported, i backed up the site via sharepoint admin menu, and restored it on the new URL. That helped(at least, availability), BUT:
    When i go to PWA settings on new URL of project site, to the ***/ManageWSS.aspx i see that all project sites are like
    http:server/oldPWASITE/projectNAME 
    so, if you click, you get 404 error.
    But, project websites are available on http:server/newPWASITE/projectNAME 
    Also, when you are trying to create a website for the project on /newPWASITE, or trying to change existing path from oldPWASITE to newPWAsite you get "GeneralUnhandledException"

Trying to fix this for a week, please help with any suggestions.
    Monday, July 29, 2019 7:45 AM

Answers

• Update, fixed it.
    Mb should help someone else.
    Problem was in SQL db, if you encounter similar symptoms after restoring from the backup, or moving to another pwa site\url, please kindly check your content database, if:
    FULL_URL
    SITE_ID
    WSTS_SERVER_UID
    are correct.

(located at pjpub.MSP_WEB_ADMIN, pjpub.SITE_MAP etc)
    In my case, ulr was new, site id was new, but were wsts_server_uid - old.

Thursday, August 8, 2019 11:46 AM

All replies

• Hi Sergey,

Thanks for posting in TechNet forum.

Based on your description, your question is mainly related to Project server. To help you better resolve the problem, I move the thread to Project Server General Questions and Answers forum. You may get more helpful replies there.

Thanks for your kind understanding.          

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Tuesday, July 30, 2019 7:57 AM
  • Update, fixed it.
    Mb should help someone else.
    Problem was in SQL db, if you encounter similar symptoms after restoring from the backup, or moving to another pwa site\url, please kindly check your content database, if:
    FULL_URL
    SITE_ID
    WSTS_SERVER_UID
    are correct.

(located at pjpub.MSP_WEB_ADMIN, pjpub.SITE_MAP etc)
    In my case, ulr was new, site id was new, but were wsts_server_uid - old.

Thursday, August 8, 2019 11:46 AM