none
Integration Pack wont build RRS feed

• Question

• I have a simple tutorial from Microsoft that compiles fine in VS2010, but if I try to use with SCORCH OIK it fails to generate the IP with the following message

Unable to create the integration pack file C:\Users\MyUser\AppData\Local\Microsoft System Center 2012\Orchestrator\Integration Toolkit\ssieeqs4.pcu\Test.msi

Details:
    Microsoft (R) Windows Installer Xml Linker version 3.5.2519.0
    Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
    C:\Users\MyUser\AppData\Local\Microsoft System Center 2012\Orchestrator\Integration Toolkit\ssieeqs4.pcu\Test.wsx(36) : error LGHT0091 : Duplicate symbol 'File:_SCOWP10_dll' found.
    C:\Users\MyUser\AppData\Local\Microsoft System Center 2012\Orchestrator\Integration Toolkit\ssieeqs4.pcu\Test.wsx(49) : error LGHT0092 : Location of symbol related to previous error.
    C:\Users\MyUser\AppData\Local\Microsoft System Center 2012\Orchestrator\Integration Toolkit\ssieeqs4.pcu\Test.wsx(36) : error LGHT0091 : Duplicate symbol 'File:_SCOWP10_dll' found.
    C:\Users\MyUser\AppData\Local\Microsoft System Center 2012\Orchestrator\Integration Toolkit\ssieeqs4.pcu\Test.wsx(53) : error LGHT0092 : Location of symbol related to previous error.

I have WIX 3.5 installed and .Net 3.5.1 SP1 installed along with VS 2010 and VS 2013.  No other SCORCH components are installed.  This used to work before I NEEDED to compile an IP.  Now one requirement of a recent project is to have a custom IP created and now this is happening.

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling .NET 3.5 and WIX did nothing

I do have .NET 4 installed, but they are supposed to work together.

Any ideas?

Thanks

EFD

Warm Fuzzies!

Monday, August 31, 2015 6:08 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

>> error LGHT0091 : Duplicate symbol 'File:_SCOWP10_dll' found.

Have you tried to set every File element an unique ID?

For more information, please reviwe the link below:

File Element

http://wixtoolset.org/documentation/manual/v3/xsd/wix/file.html

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 1, 2015 7:52 AM
  • I have no clue how to do this.  Before this broke I was able to build IPs without any issues.  I am really not sure what changed

Warm Fuzzies!

Wednesday, September 2, 2015 1:30 PM
  • So I completely reinstalled Windows 7 x64 from scratch and VS 2010 and the WIX 3.5 and the OIK and it worked fine the very first time.  I was able to compile and import my IP.  I made a change to the EXACT same class file simply changing some text and now its throwing the EXACT same error.  So it worked once and then it wont work anymore

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

FRUUSTRATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I need to build this IP by next week!

Warm Fuzzies!

Wednesday, September 2, 2015 7:44 PM
  • Bumping, this is still an issue.  Anyone have any info that would be fantastic

Warm Fuzzies!

Wednesday, September 9, 2015 1:48 PM
  • Well, I feel just stupid.  It was totally a user mistake.  I should read more documentation

Warm Fuzzies!

Friday, September 11, 2015 1:23 PM