none
MS Project link to MS Planner RRS feed

• Question

• Good morning everyone,

am using Project Professional for Office 365.

I published my project to a pwa site, all good, selected a task and "link to Planner", selected a group then a plan and linked it.

All good until now, I have the planner icon on left of the task, the mention Linked plan: and the name of the plan.

My problem is that nothing showed up in the planner plan. I have tried to link 2 tasks to 2 different plans, 1 plan created in planner in teams and 1 plan created in planner directly. Nothing in both.

Do you have any advice ?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Mickael

Thursday, October 3, 2019 2:58 AM

All replies

• Hi, nothing will show up in the planner plan.   You have to create the tasks in planner, it is not and was never designed to be a directly correlation (or any correlation) of the tasks you have in Project.   I suspect it is working as designed.

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | downloads | P2O

Thursday, October 3, 2019 3:58 AM
  • Hi Ben,

I am not sure to get your point, my understanding is that MS Project can push task to planner.

I saw a demo on a video from PPM Works, she clearly linked a task to planner then this task appears in here planner plan.

Anyway, even when I create tasks in my planner plan linked, nothing happens in MS Project.

Thursday, October 3, 2019 5:25 AM
  • Hi Mickael25,

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but your understanding is not correct.  If you saw a demo from PPM Works, then maybe she had some tool / process / workflow / pre-prepared planner plan in the background that does this, but it is not native functionality.

Nothing happens - my point exactly!

Thursday, October 3, 2019 5:36 AM
  • Hi Ben,

Ok, do you have any idea of the purpose of the link then?

Cannot push task from MS Project to Planner, cannot push tasks from Planner to MS Project.

So we add a link for what purpose?

Thanks.

Thursday, October 3, 2019 5:57 AM
  • It's purpose is for navigation only, so you can move from the Project Interface to the relevant planner interface for the task

Thursday, October 3, 2019 7:27 AM
  • OK I see. So disappointing, completely useless, just to save you one click so you have one click to do instead of 2 to go to your planner plan.

I was obviously expecting more from MS.

I try to find a way to sync MS Project with Asana, I am very pessimistic about it and it is understandable, coming from 2 different parties. But here between 2 products MS I was expecting at least a kind of small integration....

Thursday, October 3, 2019 8:40 AM