Windows 8: RDP Client - Stuck Shift RRS feed

• Question

• Hello 

I`m having the following issue for some time... 

First I was using Windows 8 

I`m using Windows 8.1 now and the issue`s the same.

I`m connecting using RDP (v 6.3.9600) to my other computers (running Windows 7 Enterprise and Windows 8) 

When I use the ALT+SHIFT key combination to switch between languages on the remote machine, usually the SHIFT key stucks

so I have to click it 2-3 times more to "release" it. I didn`t have such issue with Windows 7's RDP client before.
    It`s really frustrating, I tried a lot of tricks but none of them helped... 

The RDP Session is configured to send the special keys (e.g. ALT, SHIFT, WinKey etc.) to the remote machine.

Please note that it`s NOT a hardware issue (tested)

I found that a lot of people are having the same problem with Windows 8's RDP client but there`s no solution from Microsoft (they seem to be ignoring this) 

Does anyone found a solution to this? 
    If I can`t find a solution I`ll have to start using TeamViewer or any other software... and I don`t want to.

Sunday, October 13, 2013 3:27 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Couldn't find a solution so found myself a workaround.

I've changed the "change input language" hotkey on my machine to Grave Accent. now i'm using this key to change input languages on my computer, and alt+shift to change input languages on RDP sessions. of course, the downside here is that I can't use grace accent in my text anymore :)

Thursday, October 17, 2013 8:01 AM