What is IETldCache and can i exclude it from roaming profiles? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to slim down roaming profiles.

IETldCache is taking up about 25% of the total default profile, so my question is, wat is IETldCache for and is it save to exclude from the roaming profile?

Thursday, November 18, 2010 4:16 PM

Answers

• IE (Internet Explorer) creates the "IETldCache" folder in %USERPROFILE%. Once you deleted the files that are in this folder, they should get regenerated after the IE restarts.

For more information, please post your question here.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Thursday, November 18, 2010 4:49 PM

All replies

• IE (Internet Explorer) creates the "IETldCache" folder in %USERPROFILE%. Once you deleted the files that are in this folder, they should get regenerated after the IE restarts.

For more information, please post your question here.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Thursday, November 18, 2010 4:49 PM
  • Yes, but what is it for? what does it do?
    Friday, November 19, 2010 9:04 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for posting in Microsoft TechNet forums.

We don’t have much more information on this folder. As this forum focuses on Windows Vista specific issues, this inquiry would best be posted to MSDN forum:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/categories

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.  Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards

Magon Liu

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum. If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Monday, November 22, 2010 9:08 AM