playing mpegs on the surface table RRS feed

• Question

• Our company does record HD movies, they are in mpeg format , but microsoft surface wont play them in user mode, with k lite codec pack it does play them in admin mode but we need it to work in user mode , in the photos application

The bottomline is : can you play mpeg mov on a surface table in user mode?

Wednesday, November 24, 2010 8:20 AM

All replies

• Out of curiosity, are you using an N or KN version of Vista that does not have Media Player installed?  I think the WPF MediaElement object should be able to play MPEGs assuming Media Player is installed.

Wednesday, November 24, 2010 9:39 PM
  • Both modes have media player installed, when i log in as admin and i install K-lite , then it appears in user mode but i still cannot play in user mode, but i can in administrator mode!
    Friday, November 26, 2010 8:12 AM
  • Is there anything in the EventLog that might indicate why it doesn’t?

I’ve used the K lite codecs before without a problem.

Bye,

Bart Roozendaal, Sevensteps
    "thabomb" wrote in message news:c81ed8a4-897c-4890-8342-fddb8fbb1bdb...

Our company does record HD movies, they are in mpeg format , but microsoft surface wont play them in user mode, with k lite codec pack it does play them in admin mode but we need it to work in user mode , in the photos application

The bottomline is : can you play mpeg mov on a surface table in user mode?

Saturday, November 27, 2010 11:42 AM
  • did you get it to work on the surface table or just on a desktop pc, on a desktop pc it works fine! but surface doesnt like codecs

Tuesday, December 7, 2010 1:05 PM
  • On a Surface table. No problems ...

"thabomb" wrote in message news:00ee2085-f1be-45af-80d6-2516a54e4a37...

did you get it to work on the surface table or just on a desktop pc, on a desktop pc it works fine! but surface doesnt like codecs

Sunday, January 2, 2011 6:22 PM