Issue with Atrust M320 and Multipoint Server 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello.

Over the last few years I've installed a couple of Multipoint 2012 servers with the mentioned stations. I've used the same installation DVD and the exact same procedures, but I have a big problem with my latest installation.

First, I install Multipoint 2012 and I run Windows Update, since the release I have is a bit old, but it's never failed me so I keep using it. This is a must step since the Atrust LAN driver wont work without update Rollup 1 that is missing from my DVD. There are about 150 updates that install on the first run and while that is going on I install the graphics driver.

Second. After the restart I'm able to install the Atrust M320 LAN and Video drivers and I restart again.

Third. After the second restart I install some LAN and chipset drivers and after that I'm able to assign all the stations and everything is working great. 

The problem comes here somewhere. When all this is done there are still quite a bit more updates to go but the system is running fine. When the next pack of updates install and I restart the server NIC 2 (which connects the server to the stations through a switch) starts restarting and disabling itself which causes all the stations to lose connection and stop working. This can happen around every 5 minutes and it renders the stations useless. I switched the NIC's (I put the stations on NIC 1 and the Internet on NIC 2), but then NIC 1 with the stations on it starts disabling itself. Both NIC"s are completely different and use different drivers so it's definitely not a LAN driver problem. 

I believe that there is some update that is causing this but I'm not sure. The last time I installed Multipoint Server 2012 was 2-3 months ago, I followed the same exact procedures and everything was working fine. Even the servers were almost identical except that the first one was using an Nvidia GT730 graphics card and the one I'm installing now is using an AMD 5450.

I don't think it's the graphics drivers. After I install the AMD drivers the stations run very smooth. I can see all the fading effects, shadows and I can play Youtube videos with no problems. The problem starts 1-2 restarts after that.

Thursday, March 15, 2018 11:16 PM