none
Injecting DaRT Drivers Using DISM RRS feed

• Question

• Hey Everyone,

I am trying to understand how the driver process works during the creation of the DaRT Recovery Image process. Specifically, if I create a DaRT Recovery Image and I select the option to edit the image, I can add drivers to the image using DISM. What I noticed, however, is that after I add the drivers using DISM they are initially listed in the INF folder named with OEM (which is what I would expect) but after I create the DaRT image they are no longer located in that folder and I can't seem to find sys files or any other trace of the driver files anywhere. I know the injection worked though as the driver works whereas before the injection it did not work. Does anyone understand what where they are going when the Recovery Image is being created?

Related to this I am wondering why I can't take a DaRT boot WIM and add drivers to it using DISM and get those drivers to work. The same drivers work when I add them using DISM as pat of the Recovery Image process as described above but if I try to add them to a boot.wim that the DaRT Recovery Image process has created the same drivers do not work.

I think I am simply not understanding something related to this driver process - hopefully someone can get me straightened out.

jburr827

Monday, July 24, 2017 11:42 PM