Report Application Saturation by Day RRS feed

• Question

• I have been asked for a report of Application Deployment Saturation on a daily basis for the past month.  Can anyone point me to some documentation somewhere to assist me?

Thanks!

Thanks, Mark

Wednesday, August 12, 2020 11:18 PM

Answers

• Fiona,I was able to extract the query from the Asset - Software 02E report to determine the install date which is one part of the puzzle.  I will work with the return set to determine the remainder of the data thast i need for the saturation report.  Thanks for your help.

Thanks, Mark

• Marked as answer by mearsma Wednesday, August 19, 2020 1:43 PM
    Wednesday, August 19, 2020 1:43 PM

All replies

• What are you looking for exactly? Have you seen the built-in reports? https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/mem/configmgr/core/servers/manage/list-of-reports#software-distribution---package-and-program-deployment
    Thursday, August 13, 2020 1:21 AM
  • Hi mearsma,

Thanks for posting in TechNet.

1. As agreed with Nick, application management in Configuration Manager includes a number of built-in reports that enable you to monitor information about applications and deployments. These reports have the report category of Software Distribution – Application Monitoring.

2. Could we provide a detailed explanation for the application deployment saturation?

I hope this could help you. Thanks for your time.

Best regards,
    Fiona Yan

"MECM" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A!
    We invite you to post new questions in the "MECM" forum's new home on Microsoft Q&A!
    For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by fionay Thursday, August 13, 2020 7:02 AM
    Thursday, August 13, 2020 7:02 AM
  • What I am looking for is a report whereby I can create a graph or timeline of the number of machines that have downloaded and installed a particular application over the past month.  I have looked at the existing built-in reports and none of them appear to fit my needs.

Thanks, Mark

Thursday, August 13, 2020 1:04 PM
  • Hi mearsma,

Have you read these articles before? Maybe we could refer to the following articles:
    1. Creating custom report models for Configuration Manager in SQL Server Reporting Services
    2. STEP-BY-STEP SCCM REPORT CREATION USING REPORT BUILDER
    3. How to create a custom report that shows all applications installed on specified Mac

I really hope this could help you. Thanks for your time.

Best regards,
    Fiona Yan

We invite you to post new questions in the "MECM" forum's new home on Microsoft Q&A!

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by fionay Friday, August 14, 2020 9:05 AM
    Friday, August 14, 2020 9:04 AM
  • Let me ask differently then.  Is there a way to determine when an application was installed from a database query?  If I have this information then I can build the report.  I just don't know where the data resides, if at all.

Thanks, Mark

Friday, August 14, 2020 1:05 PM
  • All the supported SQL views are listed within the docs. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/mem/configmgr/develop/core/understand/sqlviews/sql-server-views-configuration-manager

Keep in mind that deployment use status messages. Status message are deleted from the db after a period of time. (I forget how long they stay, off the top of my head max 7 days would be my guess). However the status message are summarized. 

So, can you know what was installed via CM? Yes. as long as you still have the status message. Can you review the summarized data? Yes, but it will not be 100% right due to failed installed which then where successful.

Otherwise you will need to look at 3rd party tools which collect this info in a different manor, which may or may not meet your needs. 

Garth Jones

Blog: https://www.enhansoft.com/blog Old Blog: https://sccmug.ca/

Twitter: @GarthMJ Book: System Center Configuration Manager Reporting Unleashed

Friday, August 14, 2020 2:00 PM
  • The AppEnforce.log is used to show me the enforcement of the application install but it does not have any status messages associated with it.  In which log file can I see the generation of the status message for the application install?

Thanks, Mark

Friday, August 14, 2020 2:45 PM
  • Hi mearsma,

Maybe we could refer to this similar case below to see when an application was installed from a database query:
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/0f1ef5a9-7b83-49cf-b47b-90da8d535e85/need-a-sccm-sql-query-report-for-installed-software-with-packages-and-applications?forum=configmanagergeneral

For the SQL query to find the application installed,we could also refer to this article:
    https://forums.prajwaldesai.com/threads/sql-query-to-find-the-application-installed.277/

I hope this could help you. Thanks for your time.

Best regards,
    Fiona Yan

• Edited by fionay Tuesday, August 18, 2020 6:59 AM
    Tuesday, August 18, 2020 6:57 AM
  • Fiona,I was able to extract the query from the Asset - Software 02E report to determine the install date which is one part of the puzzle.  I will work with the return set to determine the remainder of the data thast i need for the saturation report.  Thanks for your help.

Thanks, Mark

• Marked as answer by mearsma Wednesday, August 19, 2020 1:43 PM
    Wednesday, August 19, 2020 1:43 PM
  • Hi mearsma,

Thanks for sharing your experience and solution here.
    We believe this will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.

Best regards,
    Fiona Yan

• Edited by fionay Thursday, August 20, 2020 1:50 AM
    Thursday, August 20, 2020 1:48 AM