none
Can I use Azure Lighthouse to provide delegated access to an Azure SQL DB? RRS feed

• Question

• This question is partly related to Azure SQL and partly to Azure Lighthouse.

I'd like to use Azure AD Authentication with an Azure SQL database in my customers tenant. Can I give access to a group within my own tenant using Azure delegated resource management?

In short: use Azure Lighthouse to provide delegated access to an Azure SQL DB?

Tuesday, December 10, 2019 8:29 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi George,

I don't think so. I did a small research but i didn't find any information related to it. If this helps, I always use Managed identities (former MSI) to connect to azure SQL DB -> https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/app-service/app-service-web-tutorial-connect-msi

hope this helps!

Tuesday, December 10, 2019 12:33 PM
  • In short: use Azure Lighthouse to provide delegated access to an Azure SQL DB?

Hi George,

If the Azure SQL DB is deployed within your customer's subscription and you have been given access via delegated resource management, to perform a specific set of operations. Your customer grants authorization, not the other way around.

"With Azure delegated resource management, authorized users can work directly in the context of a customer subscription without having an account in that customer's tenant or being a co-owner of the customer's tenant."

Please see the following documentation: Azure delegated resource management

Please let us know if you have additional questions.

Regards,

Mike

Wednesday, December 11, 2019 2:03 AM
  • Just checking in to see if the above answer(s) helped.

If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread .

And, if you have any further query do let us know. 

Friday, December 20, 2019 2:39 AM