none
TS MDT Step to add Windows Features RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All, 

I noticed years ago that using the TS MDT step to install windows features like .Net Framework doesn't usually work and it continue without even generating an error, i used to create offline package for .Net Framework and that works . i was doing the same today but i thought it will be a good idea to ask why this MDT doesn't work ?

I tried different MDT versions and SCCM versions and all the same . Thoughts ?

Thanks 

Saturday, June 15, 2019 12:36 AM

All replies

• Hello Immer,

I could do it without problems in my lab. What is your Task Sequence like? 

First, we should know that it would not work if adding a single MDT step into a pure SCCM task sequence, because MDT steps require the support of MDT scripts and variables. If we want to add a MDT step, we need to add step Use Toolkit Package and Gather before the MDT step first. I list my Task Sequence below as an example.

By the way, the Toolkit package is created when we create a MDT task sequence in the SCCM and we need to distribute it to DPs before we use it in a SCCM task sequence.

Hope my answer could help you and look forward to your feedback.

Best Regards,
    Ray

Please remembers to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 17, 2019 9:33 AM