none
FF Schema Validation Error - hexadecimal value 0x00, is an invalid character. RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to create a FF Schema using the wizard.

After creating the schema, when I try to validate the same document, it gives me this error.

warning BEC2004: '.', hexadecimal value 0x00, is an invalid character. Line 1, position xxxx.

also to note, there is an extra carriage return at the end of the file.

What's weird that if I open the text file and save it without even making any changes, it validates fine!

I doubt its some encoding issue, but I haven't been able to resolve this issue.

Any ideas / thoughts are appreciated.

mayur macwan

Friday, March 22, 2013 8:46 PM

Answers

• The flat file parser operates on a character basis, not a byte basis (even though you can "Count Positions by bytes").  Because of this, all bytes in your stream must be representable by an encoding.  If your stream includes any bytes that are '00', you will probably need to include a custom pipeline component that operates on a byte basis to either remove these bytes or replace them with a valid character in your inbound encoding before the flat file disassembler/parser encounters it's stream bytes.

David Downing... If this answers your question, please Mark as the Answer. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful.

Sunday, March 24, 2013 5:47 AM

All replies

• Open the file in some hex editor or notepad ++ to see what characters are present. Delete them there and save the file -Ankur
    Friday, March 22, 2013 10:06 PM
  • The flat file parser operates on a character basis, not a byte basis (even though you can "Count Positions by bytes").  Because of this, all bytes in your stream must be representable by an encoding.  If your stream includes any bytes that are '00', you will probably need to include a custom pipeline component that operates on a byte basis to either remove these bytes or replace them with a valid character in your inbound encoding before the flat file disassembler/parser encounters it's stream bytes.

David Downing... If this answers your question, please Mark as the Answer. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful.

Sunday, March 24, 2013 5:47 AM
  • Go see my answer in https://stackoverflow.com/a/58420862/2202453

Wednesday, October 16, 2019 8:01 PM