none
SurfaceBook 2 screen issues with Surface Dock RRS feed

• Question

• I'm hoping others are having this problem too and can maybe shed some light on it.  I have several users with brand new (up to 4 months old) SurfaceBook 2's all with the Surface Dock and the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 video card, and I can reproduce the same behavior on all of them.  If someone has the SurfaceBook open to use as a monitor while also using either one or two external monitors, the screen on the SurfaceBook only will sporadically go nuts - like crazy lines all through it - but the other external monitor(s) are fine.  The Surface will remain like this until you un-dock and re-dock it.

I've already updated all of the drivers and the video card directly from NVIDIA and also updated the Surface Dock firmware to the latest but the problem persists.  I thought it may be that the video cables were not Active, so I bought some Active Mini DP-DVI cables and installed them in place of theMini DP-DP but the problem has continued today.  Each of the users are using different monitors but have the same experience.  And if I use a USB3 Pluggable Hub instead, I do not have a problem at all.

Has anyone else seen this or does anyone have any thoughts or ideas?  Thanks!

Monday, June 24, 2019 11:25 PM