SCSM 2012R2 - How to assign automaticaly a knowledge article to ticket ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

How can i assign automaticaly a SCSM knowledge article or a Sharepoint URL to a new ticket depending on his name ?

For information :
    I create tickets directly from SCOM alert after putting into customfield10 his knowledge article URL (Sharepoint site).
    I just would like to keep that URL and associate it to the ticket. 

You see ?

thank's !

Jérémy
    Tuesday, March 3, 2015 1:08 PM

Answers

• Finaly, i found a solution with SCOR.

I use "Create Relationship" activity to associated a new ticket with his Knowledge Article. I based myself on a SQL Table where i put all information about SCOM Alerts (SourceAlert, NameAlert, CustomField1, 2, 3, ..., 10, Knowledge Article ID, ...)

It work perfectly. Thank you for your help.

Tuesday, March 3, 2015 5:30 PM

All replies

• You would need to user either Orchestrator or Powershell. Alternately if you can include the article in the template applied to the ticket when generated. What exactly is your criteria? Do you mean tickets name? Alerts name?

Cheers,

Anders Spælling

Senior Consultant

Blog:   Twitter:   LinkedIn:   

Please remember to 'Propose as answer' if you find a reply helpful

Tuesday, March 3, 2015 1:28 PM
  • Yes exactly, i mean "Alert Name".

We have an alert resolution process for each alert and it would be great if we could associate both (Ticket + Our knowledge base currently on Sharepoint).

Our process :

=> New SCOM Alert

=> SCOR update customfields of this alert (By exemple CustomField10 = http://InstructionForThisAlert.com)

=> SCSM Create a new ticket depending of template (CustomField9 = "Alert's Classification for SLA")

=> Then i wish to find the Knowledge Article (Sharepoint URL) into the ticket

Hope i'm clear....

Jérémy

Tuesday, March 3, 2015 1:51 PM
  • In the SCOM alert connector you could create a routing criteria based on the alert name and apply a template that includes the link to the knowledge article. That is a bit the other way around compared to what you are doing currently.

For a more dynamic approach use Orchestrator to add the knowledge article link to ex. the incident description based on the SCOM alert name. I think you can use the "map published data" activity for this (mapping alert names to article links), but haven't used that for a while.

Cheers,

Anders Spælling

Senior Consultant

Blog:   Twitter:   LinkedIn:   

Please remember to 'Propose as answer' if you find a reply helpful

Tuesday, March 3, 2015 1:56 PM
  • Finaly, i found a solution with SCOR.

I use "Create Relationship" activity to associated a new ticket with his Knowledge Article. I based myself on a SQL Table where i put all information about SCOM Alerts (SourceAlert, NameAlert, CustomField1, 2, 3, ..., 10, Knowledge Article ID, ...)

It work perfectly. Thank you for your help.

Tuesday, March 3, 2015 5:30 PM