none
SBS 2009 with exchange 2007 installed clients outlook stop connecting to server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've had this problem ongoing for a few weeks now and i can't seem to figure out why it's happening.

We have SBS 2011 with exchange 2007 installed as a vm in hyper-v, it's been working fine for a long time, but now anyone who is either onsite or offsite loses connection to exhange server in outlook. A reboot of the VM makes it work again for a few hours then it happens again.

Would anyone have any idea what may cause something like this to happen?

Regards,

Alan

Friday, October 11, 2019 12:54 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Once problem happens on Outlook, please confirm that if OWA works.

Also, please check Even Viewer on Exchange server, try to find related event log about the failure.

If VM re-booting working, please make sure that your VM has enough resources via Task Manager – Resources. Also, please check Event Viewer and make sure there is no process crashing event. 

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 11, 2019 8:24 AM
  • Hi,

How things are going there on this issue?

Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang  

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 16, 2019 2:20 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update?

Please click “Mark as answer” if any of above reply is helpful. It would make this reply to the top and easier to be found for other people who has the similar problem.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Friday, October 18, 2019 1:52 AM
  • Sorry i didnt see any reply on here until now,

We still have this issue on going daily.

We know emails stop flowing after a little while and have to restart server. We can login to owa and exchange says connected in outlook however you can't send emails or receive when it happens. 

I honestly don't know what to look for with this. what crash events could cause this

Thursday, November 7, 2019 9:50 AM