Windows 7 touch pack install error, help please! msvcm90.dll write problem RRS feed

• Question

• I have been trying to install touch pack on a FRESH install of windows 7 home premium and have had no luck. The installation hangs up almost immediately during the bing 3d map install and says it can't write to msvcm90.dll. After doing some searching here, I found many articles about touch pack installation problems, none of which mirrored my own.

This machine is a completely clean install, with the only programs added to it after install being MS office 2k7 and security essentials.

I have done a search of the entire C: for the specified .dll. Many of them appeared and I took ownership of all of them as administrator and allowed full control for myself (they previously did not allow write unless "trusted installer" was using them).

The touch pack exe that I have I downloaded on the machine from microsoft directly. The first time I downloaded it, I just hit "open" thinking it would be an easy install... The installation that first time never even started because windows 7 claimed that the touch pack exe downloaded from microsoft was not digitally signed. I have since downloaded it to my desktop and have been trying everything I can think of to get this thing to work. Any help would be appreciated!

Friday, June 18, 2010 1:40 PM