none
REAgentC.exe Operation Failed 70 RRS feed

• Question

• I have an MDT Task Sequence that creates a UEFI Partition setup listed below

Patition ###	        Type		        Size
    Partition 1		EFI	                499 MB
    Partition 2		MSR	                128 MB
    Partition 3		Primary		        99% Remaining Space
    Partition 4		Recovery	        100% remaining Space
    The recovery drive works out at having 1.2GB space available, The Task sequence has the following steps to add the DaRT Recovery Environment to the Partition and set it as the RE Image.

Disable WinRE
    REAgentC.exe /disable
    Completes Successfully

Assign Drive Letter to WinRE
    Select Disk 0
    Detail Disk
    Select Partition 4
    Assign Letter =S
    Detail Disk
    Exit
    Completes Successfully

Create Recovery Folder
    cmd /c md S:\Recovery\WindowsRE
    Completes Successfully

Copy DaRT Recovery
    cmd /c copy %DEPLOYROOT%\DaRT\DaRT_10_x64.wim S:\Recovery\WindowsRE\WinRE.wim
    Completes Successfully

Set DaRT as WinRE Recovery
    REAgentC.exe /setreimage /path S:\Recovery\WindowsRE
    Completes Successfully

Enable DaRT Recovery
    REAgentC.exe /enable
    Fails
    Operation Failed 70 
    An error has occurred

i can find no error information as to why this is the case the dart image does work if i copy to a new area on the C:\ and set it as the reimage and enable it completes successfully.
    as i mentioned the Recovery drive is 1.2GB and the recovery image is only 495MB so plenty of space for the file.
    Monday, September 21, 2015 11:20 AM

Answers

• Finally i have managed to solve this error in my particular situation hopefully this helps yourselves.

The issue i was facing and didnt even occur to me for some reason was that i was running the command:

Completes Successfully

but then i was removing the Drive Letter which is why the enable failed so if instead you run the below

REAgentc.exe /setreimage /path \\?\GLOBALROOT\devices\harddisk0\partition1\Recovery\WindowsRE

Completes Successfully

then the Enable runs fine, just remember to change the harddisk0 to the relevant harddisk number aswell as the partition1 number.

• Marked as answer by Chris Nicholls Monday, January 18, 2016 12:33 PM
    Monday, January 18, 2016 12:33 PM

All replies

• Same error. This guy seems to have some info, but I don't understand :-(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TSs9AlIez8

Sunday, November 15, 2015 11:23 AM
  • I came across the same issue and couldn't find much information about the error other than that youtube video as well. After many hours of frustration, I found that if I increased the disk space of the partition containing the recovery environment and image file, it would work. I haven't narrowed down the exact amount of space needed but currently I can get it to work with Windows 10 if there's at least 1GB of free space on the partition after the recovery environment and restore image is already copied over. My current setup is a 280MB winre.wim for the restore environment, 4GB recovery WIM image all on a 5.5GB partition. Running reagentc.exe /enable works afterwords. If I reduce the partition size or fill it up further, I then get the Operation Failed 70 error.

Hopefully this helps someone as I wasted to much time dealing with this problem. If someone could explain why this works or has more information about this error, please share.

Sunday, November 15, 2015 7:52 PM
  • this didn't work for me i increased my recovery partition size to 10gb to slowly reduce and find a reasonable size to use dart and not error but it still failed.
    Thursday, November 19, 2015 7:34 PM
  • Same problem here on every fully patched 2012R2 VM on my Hyper-Vs. I first recognized it two days ago on some VMs that I recently converted from generation 1 to generation 2. I work now for hours over hours on this problem and just figured something out, after:

reagentc.exe /disable

reagentc.exe /enable

on any of my fully patched 2012R2 (GPT) machines with latest windows updates, the system automatically moves existing, registered and fully functional "Restore\WindowsRE\WinRE.wim" from the recovery partition (300MB) to the system partition and from there one can't get it back.

I went deep in details with reagentc, system32\Recovery\ReAgent.xml, diskpart, bcdedit. No way to move and register "Restore\WindowsRE\WinRE.wim" back to the recovery partition. You only get this:

Operation Failed 70

An error has occurred

As far as i can see, this problem does not occur on freshly installed 2012R2 machines (GPT) with no windows updates applied, it just seems to be a problem on my fully patched production environment.

Friday, December 18, 2015 7:24 PM
  • Finally i have managed to solve this error in my particular situation hopefully this helps yourselves.

The issue i was facing and didnt even occur to me for some reason was that i was running the command:

Completes Successfully

but then i was removing the Drive Letter which is why the enable failed so if instead you run the below

REAgentc.exe /setreimage /path \\?\GLOBALROOT\devices\harddisk0\partition1\Recovery\WindowsRE

Completes Successfully

then the Enable runs fine, just remember to change the harddisk0 to the relevant harddisk number aswell as the partition1 number.

• Marked as answer by Chris Nicholls Monday, January 18, 2016 12:33 PM
    Monday, January 18, 2016 12:33 PM
  • Hi I have the same error after running the "

Completes Successfully"

I'm trying to configure the disk mirroring and i'm stuck at this error when I try to enable the ReAgent. Not really sure what else to do.

Thanks

Wednesday, August 15, 2018 10:14 AM