none
How to click right+left on surface arc mouse for example for shooting games RRS feed

• Question

• Hello. I've been having this problem for a while now. Which forces me to change shoot function in games. Surface arc is the most accurate and beautiful mouse I've seen in my life. But I can't figure out how to right click and press left click simultaneously. In shooter games and in rare softwares you have to press right click and also left click with it. But arc has only one pad. I had to apply triple touch click in Microsoft mouse and keyboard center to be able to middle click. I've tried everything. Pushing both far ends, changing settings in MMKC, touch patterns I could think of and other stuff. Somebody please help me find out how to aim and then shoot. Please note that this arc is seriously different from the previous arcs and also pushing on the pad block once is the limitation. I mean when you click right, pushing the left click area doesn't make a noise. This makes me think that there only is one input button block under the touch pad of the mouse. Please help. If you can't help, Call upon your friends. This is eating my brain. Thanks for paying attention.
    Monday, June 18, 2018 12:44 AM

All replies

• Microsoft Arc Mouse uses a single touch pad, and touch pressure to recognize what kind of clicking, or scrolling function you are performing.

The following Microsoft article Getting started with Microsoft Arc Mouse is handy for understanding how the touch pad recognizes your gestures.

Left Click Right Click Scrolling
    LeftClick
    RightClick
    Scrolling

Many games provide players with the option of mapping their own choice of a key or button to a certain control. 

I find How to click is a useful article.

S.Sengupta,Microsoft MVP Windows and Devices for IT, Windows Insider MVP

Monday, June 18, 2018 1:02 AM
  • Hello. Thanks for your reply but it doesn't answer my question. You must use an arc to understand what I say. Yes games allow for adjustment of buttons. I can right click and then fire with for example F button. But I don't want to. I lose a critical key on keyboard and what if there is cutscene buttons in a game? For example. Resident evil 4 require to press left and right click together sometimes or I die. I need to input both buttons. Microsoft support also doesn't mention anything about it. It just says how to separately click or right click. Sorry but I need a direct answer. Like: "press right click and double finger touch left click".
    Monday, June 18, 2018 7:30 PM
  • has anyone found a resolution for this? I find it incredibly annoying that you can't use the buttons together!
    Saturday, December 15, 2018 11:22 PM
  • You don't seem to understand the problem. For example, in Microsoft Minesweeper, to clear squares, you are directed to click both mouse buttons simultaneously. That does not seem to be possible with the arc mouse!
    Saturday, December 15, 2018 11:24 PM
  • A great way to recognize your mouse is to update the

manufacturer's website which will make your mouse

work perfectly.

Sunday, December 16, 2018 12:03 AM