Excel chart on a ipad RRS feed

• Question

• Dear,

I want to make a chart in excel on a ipad. I can make one, but I want to know how to change the X-as. I automatically get a summary of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and so on. How can I replace that with custom numbers like 0.5, 0.25, 0.125 and so on? 

Sunday, February 16, 2020 2:04 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Would you please tell me what type of chart was your made? Such as a Column Chart or other types. 

Generally, we could custom numbers on X-axis via defining the data source for Horizontal axis labels. It needs more manual operation.

1. We could add a column with the numbers that you want to shown on X-axis. 

2. Please right click the X-axis on your chart which is already made, and choose "Select Date..."

3. Then you may use cursor choose the data source for Horizontal (Category) axis labels, click OK.

Please note, when you insert a Scatter(X, Y) Chart, we could not select data source for X-axis, as every point in this chart has specific number for X.

If you have any updates, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Emily

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Monday, February 17, 2020 4:20 AM
  • Sorry, axis editing is not included in the iOS version. To change the Axis scale, please download the file to a Mac or Windows computer and edit the axis in the desktop version.
    Monday, February 17, 2020 5:36 PM
  • Hi,

I am checking the status of this issue. Do you have any update for it?

Anything unclear or any questions, feel free to post them back to let us know. I will be glad to follow up and help you.

Best Regards,

Emily

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Monday, February 24, 2020 1:40 AM
  • Hi Beauveas,

This thread has been around for a long time. 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they are helpful. Your action would help other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread. 

Thank you for understanding! If you have any questions, or updates, please feel free to let us know.

Best Regards,

Emily

Monday, March 2, 2020 12:42 AM