none
opacity bug RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

First off, great program - many thanks!

I just started using PE, and experienced bizarre behaviour (bug?) when I set the View>Opacity to anything less than Opaque.  The entire program window went invisible.  The taskbar showed that the program was open, and maximized, but it was nowhere to be seen.  Fortunately, the little program popups were visible when I moused over the invisible window, so I could confirm that the program was indeed still running.  I installed it on a different computer so that I could figure out the menu sequence to turn the opacity back to 'Opaque' (Alt>V>O>O).  I was then able to use this sequence to restore visibility of PE...

It could of course be very dangerous to have the program running, but invisible, for one could be killing things left, right, and centre without knowing why!  Perhaps a fix to protect the user from ever making it too transparent (e.g. not less than 50%) might be a good idea?

Cheers.
    Wednesday, December 21, 2005 5:39 AM

All replies

• same here. after starting the first time ( the dialog to confirm something something pops up ) the window was invisible. your suggestion worked magnificently, anonymous. Thanks!
    Wednesday, May 29, 2019 5:28 PM
  • Thanks for highlighting this old issue. I have added an item to the backlog to resolve this.

MarkC(MSFT)

Wednesday, June 12, 2019 11:34 AM