Data Refresh to On-Premise SQL Server Configuration Issues RRS feed

• Question

• I'm creating the Data Management Gateway on the SQL server computer and it is working as it should.

I'm creating the data source on the Power BI Admin Center and it marks as ready.

Both of these things are working as they should.

I want to be able to create dashboards or even excel files with power view that are able to be refreshed from the cloud.

I create an empty excel sheet with a power query connection to the database and add it to the data model. Upload it to my Power BI site in order to see if I can schedule refreshing and once  I test the connection that is named "Power Query - Query" it says "Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again. Correlation ID: 22225631-e7e6-489c-a115-0f382b0d221f".

Alternatively, I would like to upload it to Microsoft Power BI Public Preview. I understand that uploading it through the onedrive will allow for that refreshing to pass over to the reports I make in Public Preview so when I try to upload a OneDrive File I get:

OneDrive for Business
    In order to use Power BI with OneDrive for Business you need to sign up for Power BI for Office 365.

If you have already signed up for Power BI for Office 365 please try again in 1 hour.

Even though it's been 3 days since I got my Power BI for Office 365 license.

I want to be able to create dashboards and reports with data from my on-premise SQL server and give users the ability to refresh them on command or at least have it be scheduled to refresh daily on its own.

I hope my inquiries are clear to prevent from having to ask more questions.

Thank you for your time

Monday, March 2, 2015 5:41 PM

Answers

• Hi Joaquin,

Could you confirm that you signed up for Power BI for Office 365 with the same Organizational account as you're using for Power BI Preview? Can you describe how did you apply for the PBI for Office 365 license?

Thanks,
    M.

Friday, March 6, 2015 5:30 PM

All replies

• Hi Joaquin,

I am sorry to hear that you're having trouble with connecting to your OneDrive Business from Power BI Preview. I am following up with the experts in our team on this topic and we will get back to you soon.

Thanks for your interest in Power BI.

Regards,
    M.

Thursday, March 5, 2015 11:49 PM
  • Hi Joaquin,

Could you confirm that you signed up for Power BI for Office 365 with the same Organizational account as you're using for Power BI Preview? Can you describe how did you apply for the PBI for Office 365 license?

Thanks,
    M.

Friday, March 6, 2015 5:30 PM
  • Hi Joaquin,

Did you ever get the scheduled data refresh working? From Excel to SQL Server in Power BI, not Power BI Preview.

I get the same error as you do even though Power BI says that the gateway, instance and data source are all fine.

Best regards,

Björn

Friday, June 12, 2015 6:10 AM