none
Error 80070020 RRS feed

• Question

• I have a windows phone 8.1 that since this morning facebook was working. Suddenly, from last hour can't enter. I try to re install but appears : error 80070020. I have read about antivirus but I think I don't have. Can you help me? 
    Saturday, March 3, 2018 11:14 AM

All replies

• Hi eliastriant,

Make sure the date; time and region settings on your phone are correct.

Regards

Simon

If you find that my post has answered your question, please mark it as the answer. If you find my post to be helpful in anyway, please click vote as helpful. Regards Simon Disclaimer: This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Saturday, March 3, 2018 5:59 PM
  • I Too have the same issue, I am not able to download or install any app like WhatsApp Facebook etc from Microsoft store starting today. It gives me error code 80070020. My date and time is fine, I manually set the time zone and date and time too.

Tried soft resetting, Hard resetting, Used windows device recovery tool to reinstall from server. All attempts gave the same error later on after trying to install an app from Microsoft store.

Now i'm in the dark.

Saturday, March 3, 2018 6:10 PM
  • Ok, First off Thanks guys for all your valuable feedback and solutions, hats off to you.

I will summarize the steps worked out for me below:

Microsoft has stopped support for Windows Phone 8.1 hence you will have to upgrade to windows 10 mobile.

1- Reset your mobile in current state hard reset or soft reset.

2- Change you date & time to 3rd Dec 2017

3- Install 'Upgrade Advisor' from Microsoft store.

4- Open upgrade advisor follow instructions.

5- Bring the date & time to current according to your location. and restart you device.

6- Go to Settings>update phone software. There will be an update, install it and it would restart for the purpose of updating the mobile.

7- After the above updation is done, open 'Upgrade Advisor' again and follow instructions to download and install windows 10. This will take a while and upgrade process takes place.

After the above process completes, you will have windows 10 and use Microsoft store as usual.

Hope this has helped you guys too !.

• Proposed as answer by Hisham_htm Sunday, March 4, 2018 12:19 PM
    Sunday, March 4, 2018 12:19 PM