Not even Google knows a word about this new thing in Windows 10 Insider Preview RRS feed

• Question

• Today I noticed I have a new service registered, just days after I installed the latest insider preview.

I need someone with the latest insider preview installed who can confirm that he has a new windows service registered. Its display name starting with "Ag" its service name starting with "Aa" and its service description starting with "Ru". 

Hit Windows + R type services.msc and hit enter. Sort the services by name you should see the service I am talking on top as it starts with an "A". If there are no machtes for "Ag" "Aa" "Ru" you do not have the service installed.

Seriously, this service should be documented somewhere as of today Google does not even know a thing about it.

There is one single trace I found and it leads to a company that has contracts with the U.S. Government and recently Microsoft as well (according to a business paper).

I wanted to contact Microsofts Justin Campbell first but this is probable not a security issue. 

Sorry for the topic description, I wanted to get attention somehow!

EDIT: I have another theory, it may got onto my computer when I registered to evaluate Azure?

• Edited by JoFuYou Tuesday, January 15, 2019 6:23 AM
    Tuesday, January 15, 2019 5:58 AM

All replies

• Running 18312.1007, there is a AarSvc_1cf3b service, but that is also its display name. Description is 'Runtime for activating conversational agent applications'. One like that?

I can list on the services on my  Insider if you like.

Wednesday, January 16, 2019 9:11 PM
  • Update to say just been updated to 18317.1000 and that service is now display name 'Agent Activation Runtime_1eb67e'
    Wednesday, January 16, 2019 10:34 PM
  • Dont we just all like these cryptic services that MS drops on us which feed conspiracy theories?Dont we just all like cryptic service names that go with svchost
    • Edited by Br33zer Sunday, March 3, 2019 7:18 PM
    Sunday, March 3, 2019 7:16 PM
  • Same here... just noticed a similarly named service with this exact same description. I hope this would be documented somehow on the release notes.
    Saturday, April 27, 2019 5:10 PM
  • I have the same on a fresh load Insider build.
    Tuesday, May 7, 2019 1:58 AM