none
Windows Server 2016 Essentials with Win 10 Clients on 1809 That No Longer Backup to the Server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have Windows Server Essentials 2016 with clients who were upgraded to 1809 recently, almost all lost connectivity and are no longer backed up since the upgrade...

Any suggestions?

Wednesday, February 13, 2019 7:11 PM

All replies

• Hi,

On client system, please open Run, type “services.msc” and end with enter. Open Services, find service which name begins with Windows Server Essentials, please try to manually start or re-start these services and check the result.

If problem persists, please check below:
    1. On WSE, open Dashboard – Devices, check the status of problematic Windows 10 device.
    2. What does “almost all lost connectivity” mean? No network connection or anything else?
    3. Will it be successful if you try to manually start the client backup?

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, February 14, 2019 2:45 AM
  • Hi,

How things are going there on this issue?

Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 15, 2019 9:12 AM
  • Hi,

I will be working on this this wekend and report back :)

Thanks again for your help!

Sarv

Friday, February 15, 2019 4:55 PM
  • Hi,

On client system, please open Run, type “services.msc” and end with enter. Open Services, find service which name begins with Windows Server Essentials, please try to manually start or re-start these services and check the result.

If problem persists, please check below:
    1. On WSE, open Dashboard – Devices, check the status of problematic Windows 10 device.
    2. What does “almost all lost connectivity” mean? No network connection or anything else?
    3. Will it be successful if you try to manually start the client backup?

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Hi,

Making sure the services are started did not change anything, i re-installed the connector which seems to duplicate the computer on the server, deleting the old connection and re-installing it brings back the connection at which point one needs to re-setup backups. I will see tomorrow if backups start / complete properly.

Computers are reported "offline" even thought they are "online".

Sunday, February 24, 2019 9:30 PM
  • Hi,

Have you checked the WSE relate services on client system again after re-connect it to WSE?

Besides, please open CMD on client system, type "sfc /scannow" to check/repair disks.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Wednesday, February 27, 2019 6:07 AM
  • Hi,

How things are going there on this issue?

Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang 

Friday, March 1, 2019 1:45 AM
  • HI,

I have a couple of stations with computer monitoring errors, i uninstalled the connector / re-installed, it would not re-install, i got off the domain, tried re-installing through admin and another user with admin privileges without success..i finally re-jointed the domain without the connector.

I also enables all WES services and set them to Auto, deleted the station from AD and ran checkdisk prior to installing the connector but nothing really changed the outcome.

Wednesday, March 6, 2019 5:15 PM
  • Yes please issue is still not corrected :(
    Wednesday, March 13, 2019 3:35 PM