Sql 2012 RC0: EXCEPTION: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object RRS feed

• Question

• I have created a VM using Sql 2012 RC0 from the ground up. Everything seems to be working except for PowerPivot. When I open an excel file in Excel Services and slice it, I get this an error. The SharePoint logs show this:

EXCEPTION: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.     at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.SharePoint.Integration.Redirector.CacheManager.ImageLoad(SPFile spFile, DateTime fileLastModifiedTimestamp, Int32 localeId, String databaseName, String databaseId, ImageLoadMode mode)     at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.SharePoint.Integration.Redirector.BackendRedirectService.LoadDatabase(String loginName, String dataSource, String dataSourceVersion, DateTime fileLastModifiedTimestamp, Int32 localeId, Guid databaseId, String serverEndpointAddress, String[] databasesToUnload, String healthStatisticsForReporting) fa54e60e-559b-4e76-aecb-9ecfd71d4eeb

Is there a known fix to this issue? Any info would be appreciated.

I can connect to it the cube which is created from the excel file with SSMS (<server>\POWERPIVOT) and browse the cube. I just can't connect using the URL of the excel file or with Excel Services.

The machine is a VM with:
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 (as a domain controller)
    • Sql Server 2012 RC0
    • SharePoint 2010 SP1
    • Office 2010 Sp1
    • PowerPivot for Excel RC0, x86

• Edited by DanMan226 Tuesday, December 6, 2011 11:42 PM added note to server type
    Tuesday, December 6, 2011 8:35 PM