none
Project Server metadata in JSON format RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

I can view the metadata from an PWA using the URL: <pwa_url>/_api/projectdata/$metadata

But how can I see it in JSON format? I read this page but appending "$format=json" to the URL doesn't give me the metadata in JSON. Maybe I'm missing something basic as this technology is still new to me, so I wouldn't be surprised if I'm doing some basic error here.

Thursday, January 22, 2015 4:58 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Where are you viewing this? In code or just in the browser? The example JavaScript snippet  below should give you the data in JSON:

var data = $.ajax({url: _spPageContextInfo.siteAbsoluteUrl + "/_api/ProjectData/Projects(guid'"+ ProjectUID +"')?"
    									+ "$select=ProjectName,ProjectDescription,ProjectOwnerName,ProjectPercentCompleted",   
    									type: "GET",
    									dataType: "json",
    									headers: {Accept: "application/json;odata=verbose"	}       
    								   });

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

Thursday, January 22, 2015 8:38 PM
  • Hi Paul

But that will give me a specific project right? I already got that if I used <pwa url>/_api/ProjectData/Projects?$format=json.

The information I need is like the one you view using a link like <pwa url>/_api/projectdata/$metadata, in which you can see all the project fields, but without showing any actual object instances. :) Thanks anyway!

Friday, January 23, 2015 9:50 AM
  • Hi, Paul --

I am working with Project 2013 Online, and must create a JSON descriptor file so an application can take advantage of Project's REST services. 

I believe the descriptor file will basically include the properties and methods available for consumption via REST.

Can you tell me how I can find that? Is it included in the SDK, perhaps?

Thank you in advance!

Monday, June 10, 2019 2:43 PM