Failed to get DP locations as the expected version from MP '<MP_FQDN>'. Error 0x87d00215 RRS feed

• Question

• I am attempting to install the SCCM client on a non-domain joined (workgroup) server and I am having trouble. Server 2016 Client, SCCM CB1902, HTTPS enabled.

When I run ccmsetup, it is giving the following errors:

Failed to get DP locations as the expected version from MP 'https://<MP_FQDN>'. Error 0x87d00215
    Failed to get client version for sending state messages. Error 0x8004100e
    MP 'https://<MP_FQDN>' didn't return DP locations for client package with the expected version. Retrying in 30 minutes.

Now, I know what you're thinking. Have you checked your boundaries/groups? Well I'm glad you asked. Yes, yes I have. The ccmsetup logs even show that they are receiving the correct boundary group GroupID. I also verified in the MP_Location.log that it is getting the requests and responding with the correct GroupID. We also have other servers in this subnet (albeit on the domain) that are working fine. The boundaries are IP Address based and span the entire /16.

I should also note that there are 4 IP addresses on this server, but there is only one that can reach the MP and they all fall within the same SCCM boundary.

I have also tried updating the package on the distribution points. After that an interesting thing is happening where in the ccmsetup log, it appears it is trying to pull version 11, where the version on the DP is version 12. I have confirmed via Content Library Explorer that version 12 is on the DP. I have also re-copied the Client folder to the client fresh in hopes that would resolve but it does not. I am not sure where the "ExpectedPackageVersion" value comes from.

I will post the full log. I am probably being overly paranoid in my redactions but I haven't removed any lines, only did a F/R on org specific values.

Wednesday, April 29, 2020 5:38 PM

All replies

• Logs: https://pastebin.com/1evsB0rA
    Wednesday, April 29, 2020 6:06 PM
  • Hi,

When you run ccmsetup, what parameters and properties did you provide?
    According to your description, your command line should be like this:
    ccmsetup.exe /mp:<fqdn_of_HTTPS_MP> /usepkicert SMSMP=<fqdn_of_HTTPS_MP> SMSSITECODE=<YourSiteCode>

/mp tells ccmsetup which MP to query to locate DPs to download the rest of the client files from
    /usepkicert tells ccmsetup to use a PKI client authentication certificate. If you don't include this parameter, or if the client can't find a valid certificate, it uses an HTTP connection with a self-signed certificate.

You may also need to use /nocrlcheck if your PKI was poorly planned or implemented and the client can't access the CRL of the certificates:
    ccmsetup.exe /mp:<fqdn_of_HTTPS_MP> /usepkicert /NoCRLCheck SMSMP=<fqdn_of_HTTPS_MP> SMSSITECODE=<YourSiteCode>

Regards,
    Allen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by vvravikiran Wednesday, May 6, 2020 2:13 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by samlarson Thursday, May 7, 2020 11:52 AM
    Thursday, April 30, 2020 7:02 AM
  • Hey - yep here's the command:

CCMSetup.exe /UsePKICert /NoCRLCheck /Retry:1 /MP:https://<MP_FQDN> CCMCERTSEL="Subject:<Client_FQDN>" CCMFIRSTCERT=1 CCMALWAYSINF=1 SMSSITECODE=<SITE> CCMHOSTNAME=<MP_FQDN>

Thursday, April 30, 2020 12:17 PM
  • Any other thoughts on this? Would any other logs be helpful?
    Wednesday, May 6, 2020 1:06 PM
  • Hi 

Have you check client has been assigned in Management Point in registry SMS/Mobileclientlocation ??

Wednesday, May 6, 2020 2:16 PM
  • On the client registry (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SMS\Mobile Client) I see AssignedSiteCode is present. I don't see a MobileClientLocation key.

Let me try to verify my account so I can attach a screenshot

Wednesday, May 6, 2020 4:36 PM
  • Hi 

Any Update ??

Sunday, July 26, 2020 10:17 AM