none
Windows embedded Standard 7 Key bodard and mouse not working during WES7 IBW image RRS feed

• Question

• I am facing issue during WES7 OS IBW image (not customize  image  ) 

when I am inserting my DVD for installation after going to boot and loading windows .I am not able to use my mouse and keyboard ,so because of that I cant click my build image option,with win 7 pro its working well.

with that Full IBW image how can I installed my OS 

Wednesday, December 5, 2018 4:56 AM

Answers

• My first guess: WES7 doesn't have built-in USB 3.0 driver support. If the USB ports are USB 3.0, then WES7 IBW will not see them. you may have to inject the USB 3.0 drive into the boot.wim of the installer to get access to USB 3.0 ports. If there is a USB 2.0 port on the system, try connecting the keyboard and mouse to them.

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide Windows 10 IoT Enterprise - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Wednesday, December 5, 2018 3:05 PM

All replies

• My first guess: WES7 doesn't have built-in USB 3.0 driver support. If the USB ports are USB 3.0, then WES7 IBW will not see them. you may have to inject the USB 3.0 drive into the boot.wim of the installer to get access to USB 3.0 ports. If there is a USB 2.0 port on the system, try connecting the keyboard and mouse to them.

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide Windows 10 IoT Enterprise - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Wednesday, December 5, 2018 3:05 PM
  • Did you get your problem resolved?

Wednesday, January 30, 2019 3:46 PM
  • I'm having the same problem. I am using a wes7 workstation we purchased from Contec.   I'm using the 64-bit bootable ibw disc on a dvd drive attached via usb.  I have an old keyboard plugged into a usb port that is labelled usb 2.0 but the keyboard doesn't work after boot.  It does work with the bios setup.  

I'm trying to do this for 2 reasons.  The first is that someone botched the password without a creating a recovery usb. The second is that, in the future, I want to add other modules (such as file based manager).  I have questions into Contec but no answers for over 2 weeks.

I've used WES7 in the past with a custom board we developed so I'm not totally new to WES7.

Friday, April 12, 2019 2:14 PM
  • If you use IBW, you will want to add all the option device drivers to make sure you have all the inbox drivers in the image.

Thursday, April 18, 2019 4:37 PM
  • First of all, thank you for you reply.   I'd welcome any suggestions.  I'm not sure how I should use the IBW.

I was just using the IBW so that I could use the PE command prompt, and try to roll back the system but I can't get past the Build an Image/Deploy an Answer File/Launch WinPE Command Prompt screen because I can't use my mouse or keyboard.

1. I also tried to bring the system up in safe mode to do a roll back and as soon as I choose the safe boot method to use, I lose the keyboard and mouse.

2. I also made a recovery disk on another WES7 system which has used the same keyboard and mouse and booted that but lost the keyboard and mouse when it came up in safe mode.

3. I have a bootable usb than I made 9 years ago.  It worked with the same keyboard and mouse on an embedded platform.  I lose the keyboard and mouse at Build an Image/Deploy an Answer File/Launch WinPE.

Thursday, April 18, 2019 7:13 PM
  • The best way to use WES7 is to use ICE to create the image and make sure you have all the device drivers in place.

Thursday, April 18, 2019 8:26 PM
  • I'd been reluctant to do that because I don't have access to how the manufacturer built the system.  I need to get that.  We cloned another system that we bought and put the image on the problematic system using HDCLONE.  
    • Proposed as answer by KaryR Thursday, April 18, 2019 9:18 PM
    Thursday, April 18, 2019 9:18 PM
  • You should go back to the manufacturer and let them resolve the issue.

Saturday, April 20, 2019 5:27 PM
  • You're right.  They should have been the ones to resolve this but after getting no answers from them for 3 weeks, I really needed to do something.  The cloning worked as an interim solution.  Thank you for your support!

Tuesday, April 23, 2019 8:57 PM