none
UE-V - How UE-V syncs data ? RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to configure a UE-V template which would support cookies.

Internet Explorer 10/11 changed the way cookies works aka "WebCache".

It seems that after the latest hotfix "KB2955387" there are no locks, And it can be done.

I added the localappdata section to UE-V template and included all files within WebCache directory to be synced.

Now,  WebCache is quite large (32MB and grows) I would like to know if UE-V is doing :

A) Compression before and after moving the data to the network and from network.

B) Active write/read back - write/read data to network not just after closing the app.

C) Streaming - moves data by demand (Only when data is being "called" UE-V agent should read the data from network).

D) Sync based blocks and not just file based (like DFSR).

Thanks

Elad

• Edited by eladgrs1 Tuesday, July 22, 2014 3:39 PM
    Tuesday, July 22, 2014 3:36 PM

Answers

• A: UE-V with both Offline Files and SyncProvider use SMB over a standard network share. The version of SMB used and how the data is processed depends on the version supported by the client and server systems. With Server 2012 and Windows 8 systems, SMB 3.0 is leveraged. With neither method does UE-V have its own network agent or communication and thus it does not perform compression.

B: The sync triggers documented at the link I previously provided. Some settings are asynchronous and do update immediately, such as the Windows Desktop, others follow other applicable triggers such as app launch or close, logon or logoff, or are synchronized every 30 minutes by the scheduled task.

C: Configuring a SyncMethod of None causes UE-V to directly store and load the settings from Settings Storage. There is only local cache when the Settings Storage location cannot be contacted.

D: See A.

Brandon
    MDOP on the Springboard Series on TechNet

Friday, August 8, 2014 8:41 PM

All replies

• The UE-V SyncProvider synchronizes based upon the synchronization triggers listed here, this also includes a scheduled task which is by default configured for every 30 minutes. There is also support for asynchronous settings which are synced upon change and the ability to disable cache where all settings are stored centrally and synchronized from the settings storage location.

Brandon

Thursday, August 7, 2014 4:50 PM
  • Hi Brandon.

Thanks for the replay.

I must have wrote a bad topic name since the answerd was reffered to the topic and not to the content.

I am sorry but you referred to the topic not the content.

What I meant was How does it works [Deep Dive] (Please refer to the content).

Thanks

Thursday, August 7, 2014 11:28 PM
  • A: UE-V with both Offline Files and SyncProvider use SMB over a standard network share. The version of SMB used and how the data is processed depends on the version supported by the client and server systems. With Server 2012 and Windows 8 systems, SMB 3.0 is leveraged. With neither method does UE-V have its own network agent or communication and thus it does not perform compression.

B: The sync triggers documented at the link I previously provided. Some settings are asynchronous and do update immediately, such as the Windows Desktop, others follow other applicable triggers such as app launch or close, logon or logoff, or are synchronized every 30 minutes by the scheduled task.

C: Configuring a SyncMethod of None causes UE-V to directly store and load the settings from Settings Storage. There is only local cache when the Settings Storage location cannot be contacted.

D: See A.

Brandon

Friday, August 8, 2014 8:41 PM
  • Hi Brandon,

could you tell me where to get more Deep Dive Information about UE-V in connection with Windows 10 LTSC 2019 (1809)?

Is UE-V well supported and working with Windows 10 LTSC 2019?

Saturday, March 16, 2019 7:38 AM