none
No Sound and Failed to play test audio RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I've been trying for over two months to troubleshoot this problem and I thought maybe someone here could help.

What is Happening:

- All my Audio appears in the Sound settings pop-up window, but most say they are "Not Plugged in"

- The ones I use normally are Check-marked as green and say they are active.

- When I try to test the audio an error pops up reading "Failed to play test audio"

- When I open Windows Media Player and click a song to play a red X pops up and reads "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file."

- All Drivers are currently updated, but when I go to the Update Panel there are a lot of "Pending download"s that never download or update.

- I get frequent BlueScreens when the computer tries to install updates while shutting down. And often a few times during start-up.

- I've tried plugging in the headphones in all the available headphone jacks, but none work. The headphones work on other devices.

- I have Windows10(I only had the option of choosing Win8 when posting this)

What I've Tried:

- Turning it off and on again

- Updating drivers, some manually

- Disabling sound enhancements

- Using the Command Prompt in Admin settings to run scans

- Rolling back drivers to when it used to work

- Re-updated drivers when the above didn't work

- Scanned for virus' and malwear

- Tried DriverEasy

- Tried several verified programs you have to buy that repair the system

- Tried an External USB SoundDrive

Any suggestions on what I should do would be great, I'm hoping I don't have to take the computer in to be repaired.

My computer Specs are:

32GB Memory

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz

Motherboard: MSI - Z170A PC MATE (MS-7971)

Video Card: Radeon (TM) RX 480 Graphics

Hark Disk: SanDisk (480.0GB)

64Bit Processor

AMD High Definition Audio Device

Monday, August 5, 2019 9:59 PM