none
How to resume task interruption? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a resource "assignment" for an interrupt task.
    I enter a value for the date on which the interrupt is used.
    "Interruption" disappears.
    I delete the "assignment".
    "Interruption" does not appear.

Question.
    How can I make the “interruption” of the task appear again after deleting the “destination”?

The initial state

Friday, January 3, 2020 11:25 AM

Answers

• prog1003,

Cost type resources will not work in the manner you describe. I assume it is because normally cost type resources are not time based like work or material resources. If you assign cost type resources to a task that also has work or material resources, then the split task behavior will respond to the non-cost resource.

Hope this helps.

John

• Marked as answer by prog1003 Saturday, January 4, 2020 6:31 PM
    Saturday, January 4, 2020 4:37 PM

All replies

• prog1003

There must be more to what you are doing than you explain. This is what I get.

Initial: material resource assigned to a task with a one week split ("interruption"?)

Then the resource assignment is changed to add 100 material items to the week with the split

Now that added assignment is deleted

John

Friday, January 3, 2020 5:14 PM
  • prog1003

There must be more to what you are doing than you explain. This is what I get.

Initial: material resource assigned to a task with a one week split ("interruption"?)

Then the resource assignment is changed to add 100 material items to the week with the split

Now that added assignment is deleted

John

I did this task with a resource of type Material.
    It works.

In the question, I use the resource type - "Costs".
    How to make the "assignment" deleted for a resource of type "Costs"?
    Is it possible?
    Or is a resource of type "Costs" not used in such situations?
    Saturday, January 4, 2020 6:04 AM
  • prog1003,

Cost type resources will not work in the manner you describe. I assume it is because normally cost type resources are not time based like work or material resources. If you assign cost type resources to a task that also has work or material resources, then the split task behavior will respond to the non-cost resource.

Hope this helps.

John

• Marked as answer by prog1003 Saturday, January 4, 2020 6:31 PM
    Saturday, January 4, 2020 4:37 PM