Group Policy Settings are causing "Internet Explorer Configurations change occurred." Messages every time the policy Re-Applies. RRS feed

• Question

• I set up a Group Policy Setting to make sure that our Intranet is the default homepage and that IE opens in the morning on startup.  That way the powers that be can guarentee staff see the Intranet Alerts.  The problem is that every time the Group Policy Applies, we get this re-occuring alert:

Summary:
    Internet Explorer Configurations change occurred.
    This agent monitors end user and security related configuration changes made to Internet Explorer, including the default home page.

Detected changes:
    New: http://sherlock/
    Original: Not available
    iemain (New):
    HKCU@S-1-5-21-1796986399-257074395-2151796307-1113\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\\Default_Page_URL
    Advice:
    Permit this configuration change only if you trust its origin. It is recommended that you run a quick scan if you choose to deny this change.
    Detected by:
    Definition file
    Checkpoint:
    Internet Explorer Home Page
    Category:
    Configuration Change

I did try one suggestion that said on the Overides TAB Choose Classification=Category, Type=Settings Modifier, Overide Response=Default Response.  But unfortunately even though it made quite good sense to me it didn't work. 

It's unbelievable as it's all Microsoft Apps involved, it's not like it's another software vendors bad code at work is causing issues.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Roge

Thursday, March 25, 2010 4:07 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Have you tried any other values?

For example: Type = Browser Modifier/Settings Modifier, Override Response = Ignore

Regards

Wednesday, March 31, 2010 8:49 AM
  • Did exactly that and no change.  I don't understand why a Group Policy Change issued by my DC could be interpreted by Forefront as an unauthorised change.  I would have thought the programmers wold have thought of that. 

I really appreciate your advice though, if you or anyone else has any ideas I could try I would be extremely grateful.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010 2:01 PM
  • I'm Having this too!!!
    Friday, April 23, 2010 11:12 PM
  • Has there been any follow up to this query ? 
    Friday, August 6, 2010 11:09 AM