none
Does DaRT 10 encrypt Remote Connection traffic? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

I recently added DaRT 10 to our MDT 2013U2/8330 deployment share so administrators within our OU can remotely provide domain-join credentials to the MDT Deployment Wizard. While I was able to confirm functionality within WinPE, further research revealed the following text snippet in Microsoft's DaRT 10 documentation:

"By default, the communication between two computers that have established a Remote Connection session may not be encrypted. Therefore, to help maintain security between the two computers, we recommend that both computers are a part of the same network." [Source: Google "Security Considerations for DaRT 10" - Unfortunately my account is too new to include links]

The above text seems to suggest a potential for DaRT 10 Remote Connection sessions to be either encrypted or un-encrypted, but makes no mention of when either case would be in effect.

Could someone with more knowledge on the matter provide clarification as to when a DaRT 10 Remote Connection session would be using [un]encrypted communications? As we would be using DaRT for supplying priviledged credentials to the MDT Wizard, an unencrypted connection would pose significant security concerns.

Thanks!

Tuesday, July 4, 2017 5:13 AM