Windows 7 Touch Pack Installation Failure - Help, PLEASE :) RRS feed

• Question

• "Touch Pack" failed to install. " "The process terminated unexpectedly" immediatley occurs once i begin installation. A second pop up window states it did not install correctly. I have searched the web and have tried the following:

• Downloaded DirectX9
    • Confirmed all drivers updated
    • Completed the most recent Microsoft Updates

My sytem appears compatable:

• Windows 7 Home Premium
    • Brand New Gateway ZX4800, 64-bit OS
    • Touch Input with 2 Touch Points

I have run out of options and the kids REALLY want these features (...and I'm very interested, as well.) Any ideas or installation support recommendations?

Please...

Sunday, April 25, 2010 4:54 AM

Answers

• Go to you control panel then add/remove programs.

Next, remove XNA Framework AND Microsoft Virtual Earth.

Go back to your Touchpack installation and try again.

Worked for me!

Friday, August 27, 2010 11:28 PM

All replies

• I have the same problem on my windows 7 ultimate X64
    Tuesday, May 4, 2010 8:21 PM
  • Hey if you manage to get this problem fixed please let me know, I am facing the same exact error, it is funny because I was running the Beta version with NO problems, and when I uninstalled it and came to install the new official release, it gave me the error you mentioned. I have an Acer T230H Multi-Touch screen, and the beta version of the touch pack was working beautifully two days ago...

Please post a solution if you have fixed it.

Thanks!

NOTE: Using Windows 7 Professional.

Thursday, May 6, 2010 10:38 PM
  • If you have installed Bing 3D Maps, uninstalls it and retry to install Touch Pack

Please check this thread: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/surfaceapplications/thread/5e333d74-bea6-461b-ae01-68268ea7daee

• Proposed as answer by lai-shun Monday, May 10, 2010 1:01 PM
    Friday, May 7, 2010 7:50 AM
  • Thank you so much It was called "Microsoft Virtual Earth" and not "Bing 3D maps", I removed it and now I am facing a new error with the XNA framework, the error says:

"Microsoft XNA Framework Redistribution 3.0"

"A network error has occurred while attempting to read from the file: D:\ProgramData\Applications\Cashe\xnafx30_redist.msi"

Please help... I have installed the XNA Framework with no errors...

Thanks for your time

Friday, May 7, 2010 10:34 AM
  • uninstall your xna framework version and try to install this version before install Touch Pack:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=6521d889-5414-49b8-ab32-e3fff05a4c50&displaylang=en

Friday, May 7, 2010 12:02 PM
  • Hi, I did what you just told me to do, I removed XNA 3.0 and I removed XNA 3.1 completely, and installed the link you gave me, but still getting the same error... What could be the problem?
    Friday, May 7, 2010 7:11 PM
  • UPDATE: I fixed the problem by completely removing the XNA Framework and installing Touch Pack without the Framework. It worked fine and the installation completed successfully!

Thank you very much for your help!

Friday, May 7, 2010 7:19 PM
  • Nice, Unistalled XNA Framework and Virtual Earth 3D and Touch Pack installed perfectly on a Tm2t to get the extra two that weren't factory installed.  Thanks
    Thursday, May 20, 2010 11:11 PM
  • Glad it worked out for you!
    Sunday, May 23, 2010 3:34 AM
  • Hi I am having the same problem downloading Microsoft Touch Pack.  I tried to uninstall the xna framework by going to c:/windows/assembly and rightclicking on microsoft.xna.framework and clicking uninstall but it said "access denied'.  Any ideas on how I can fix this?
    Thursday, July 29, 2010 6:42 AM
  • Easy fix, just got my HP TX2 yesterday and had the same problem with XNA Framework, downloaded a fresh copy of XNA Framework:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=6521d889-5414-49b8-ab32-e3fff05a4c50&displaylang=en

Then proceed to install, and rather remove framework, Install Microsoft Touch pack, without framework, installed perfect.

Try that.

Ta

Thursday, July 29, 2010 10:57 PM
  •  

Then proceed to install, and rather remove framework, Install Microsoft Touch pack, without framework, installed perfect.

Try that.

Ta

when do you get the option to "install WITHOUT FRAMEWORK", I'm not seeing that option?

Monday, August 9, 2010 12:00 AM
  • UPDATE: I fixed the problem by completely removing the XNA Framework and installing Touch Pack without the Framework. It worked fine and the installation completed successfully!

Thank you very much for your help!

How & when are you guys getting the option to install WITHOUT THE FRAMEWORK, do you get a popup screen?

Monday, August 9, 2010 12:14 AM
  • Go to you control panel then add/remove programs.

Next, remove XNA Framework AND Microsoft Virtual Earth.

Go back to your Touchpack installation and try again.

Worked for me!

Friday, August 27, 2010 11:28 PM