"Invalid column" error using Opalis Write To Database RRS feed

• Question

• I am getting an "Invalid column" error when I try to write SCOM data to a SQL database using the "Write to Database" object from the Utilities object pane. 

Basically what I am doing is capturing alerts from SCOM 2007 using the Monitor Alert object, if the alert meets certain criteria I write it to a standalone SQL 2008 database so that it can be used by another application (HP OMi).  I am capturing both the Open alert (ResolutionState 0) and Close alert (ResolutionState 255).  I can write the Open alert to the database without issue, but when I try to write the Close alert (using the same Opalis runbook) I get an "Invalid column" error.  I don't think its an issue with duplicates in my database because I can write the same alert data over and over using SQL Insert statements.  And if I pass the same open alert multiple times it writes them just fine.  For some reason it's just not happy with the close alert.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ian

Monday, August 13, 2012 10:44 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

the "Query Database" Activity works for all T-SQL statements (including update, insert, ..). Perhaps you can use this for modifying the table.

If you not familiar with T-SQL Statements the Integration Pack for Databases from Kelverion (http://www.kelverion.com/databases/) will help.

Regards,

Stefan

German Orchestrator Portal , My blog in English

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 3:45 PM
  • Thanks Stefan,

That's actually what I did.  I changed up to use the "Query Database" with an Insert and found that one of the fields from SCOM contains Reserved Characters (', ").

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 3:26 PM