none
GPO Disappeared from "Controlled" after checking in RRS feed

• Question

• I've been using AGPM for some time but haven't seen this before. I made a single change to my IE policy and checked it back in. At that point it threw an error (which I didn't screenshot thinking it would be in the event viewer). After the error, the policy disappeared from AGPM entirely. I thought it might be under pending or recycle bin but it is literally under no tab.

However, the policy DOES still exist in the regular domain locations under Group Policy Management outside of AGPM. The guid folder is also still present in the domain policy folders. The policy minus my new change appears to be applying properly.

At this point I'm not sure how to get it back in AGPM to where I can edit and deploy it. I've tried rebooting the server and logging in with different accounts on the AGPM client but haven't been successful. From the GPM interface, I was able to fall back to a previous version under the history tab but that didn't put the file back either.

Any ideas?

Monday, December 22, 2014 6:54 PM

Answers

• Called Microsoft support and they couldn't figure out what happened. Their recommendation was to delete the policy and recreate it from scratch. While this got me back up and running, it was not an easy process as this policy was quite large. 

They couldn't tell me how to prevent the problem in the future given that they couldn't figure out why it happened, so I'm concerned about this going forward. 

• Marked as answer by RSchauer77 Tuesday, March 24, 2015 5:02 PM
    Tuesday, March 24, 2015 5:02 PM

All replies

• Nobody? :(
    Monday, January 5, 2015 5:17 PM
  • Called Microsoft support and they couldn't figure out what happened. Their recommendation was to delete the policy and recreate it from scratch. While this got me back up and running, it was not an easy process as this policy was quite large. 

They couldn't tell me how to prevent the problem in the future given that they couldn't figure out why it happened, so I'm concerned about this going forward. 

• Marked as answer by RSchauer77 Tuesday, March 24, 2015 5:02 PM
    Tuesday, March 24, 2015 5:02 PM
  • I have the same problem. Would be very interested to hear how this can happen!
    Sunday, June 3, 2018 8:23 AM
  • Old thread but providing update in case it helps.

I have seen this after installing AGPM using domain admin creds. apply a GPO to rename Administrator. AGPM service account not changed (Still using administrator). GPOs checked out and then In again may disappear. In my environment they did not re appear after changing service account logon details.

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 9:03 AM