none
Issue with loading dplyr RRS feed

• Question

• I check that dplyr was installed correctly. But when I do library(dplyr), I get the following error: 

RDotNet.EvaluationException: 'Error: package or namespace load failed for 'dplyr' in inDL(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now), ...):unable to load shared object 'C:/Program Files/Microsoft/R Open/R-3.5.3/library/stats/libs/x64/stats.dll': LoadLibrary failure:  The specified module could not be found.'

I changed nothing, and then got this error when I called the library again:

'RDotNet.EvaluationException: 'Error: package or namespace load failed for 'dplyr':
    package 'stats' does not have a namespace'

Anyone experienced this before and if so, how did you fix it?

• Edited by sp488 Monday, August 12, 2019 8:47 PM
    Monday, August 12, 2019 8:44 PM

All replies

• The 'dplyr' package has a lot of dependent packages, eg. Rcpp, tidyselect and 'tibble' to name just a few.

If any of these other packages did not get loaded correctly in your current R session, you will get this error message.

Try launching a new R session and loading the package again.

If this does not help, I would try reinstalling all of the dependencies for 'dplyr', that are listed here:

https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/dplyr/index.html

Monday, August 12, 2019 10:27 PM
  • (I'm a coworker of sp488)

We tried re-installing Microsoft R Open from the ground up, and are posed with the exact same problem. For fun, we tried loading ODBC first, and got the following error:

Error: package or namespace load failed for 'odbc' in inDL(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now), ...):
     unable to load shared object 'C:/Program Files/Microsoft/R Open/R-3.5.3/library/stats/libs/x64/stats.dll':
      LoadLibrary failure:  The specified module could not be found.

Upon further investigation, we realised that the calling process was 32-bit when debugging in Visual Studio. I think this is simply because it wants to be a pure 64-bit debug environment, and can't hook a 64-bit DLL from a 32-bit process.

Am I on the right path of thought?

Monday, August 12, 2019 10:38 PM