• Question

• Is used
      - MSProject 2016Pro Desktop.
    How to add several items to custom fields, for example:
      - Outline Code;
    or
      - Text;

Questions.
    1. How to add several elements to custom fields as when adding resources?
    2. How to do it with MSProject tools or how to do it using C # add-in (VBA)?
    If I do this using C # (VBA), where do I start?

Picture link 

Wednesday, December 18, 2019 2:32 PM

Answers

• prog1003,

Simple answer, "no". Custom field lookup values are singular, unless you create lookup values that contain multiple entries. For example, you can do something like this

I don't use Project Server or Project Online so I don't what may be possible with Project Server or Project Online as suggested by Rajkumar Allepu in his response to your other post.

John

• Marked as answer by prog1003 Thursday, December 26, 2019 10:13 AM
    Thursday, December 19, 2019 5:03 PM

All replies

• prog1003,

I don''t quite understand what you are asking but perhaps my response to your other post will answer this question also. If it does not, please expand your question by giving more detail or a marked up screen shot.

John

Wednesday, December 18, 2019 4:51 PM
  • prog1003,

I don''t quite understand what you are asking but perhaps my response to your other post will answer this question also. If it does not, please expand your question by giving more detail or a marked up screen shot.

John

Field "Text1" (or field "Outline Code1") uses the substitution of values (Item_1, Item_2, Item_3).
    Standard tools allow you to select only one item.
    Is it possible to make it possible to select several elements in the "Text1" field (or the "Outline Code1" field)?
    In the "Resource Name" field for a single task, you can select several resources, and in the "Text1" field (or the "Outline Code1" field) you cannot select multiple resources.

Thursday, December 19, 2019 7:43 AM
  • prog1003,

Simple answer, "no". Custom field lookup values are singular, unless you create lookup values that contain multiple entries. For example, you can do something like this

I don't use Project Server or Project Online so I don't what may be possible with Project Server or Project Online as suggested by Rajkumar Allepu in his response to your other post.

John

• Marked as answer by prog1003 Thursday, December 26, 2019 10:13 AM
    Thursday, December 19, 2019 5:03 PM