none
It is time the walrus said RRS feed

• Question

• I have been using Microsoft products since the beginning of time -- DOS, Windows 1.01 on 5 1/4" floppies, etc. I of course got a Windows phone. However, I have now reached the point where I can say that a Windows phone lacks the most important things.

Today I misplaced my Nokia Lumia 822 Windows Phone 8.1.  Can't find it.  The find phone on the Windows web site said it last saw it at  around 9 AM yesterday.  I know I used it around noon yesterday.  I assume it is lost forever.  I cannot reset it because it cannot be found.

Then I realized that, unlike an iPhone, it is not encrypted.  That means I have to got through every bank account, brokerage account, web site, etc. that I accessed from the phone and change passwords.  So much for user security.

I have never used an Apple product and wondered if anyone could recommend an iPhone, with encryption, that a Windows Phone refugee would be comfortable with.

http://www.saberman.com

Sunday, May 7, 2017 6:38 AM

All replies

• You can't do everything right. I had a long rant against MS on Friday afternoon after something changed in Windows 10 1703 and the SCCM OSD process but in the end deleted it (after first posting it, it felt good!), if they can do 80% - 90% then I supposed that's pretty good. I too dropped my Windows phone this year, for a Samsung Galaxy Note 7 (now Galaxy Edge 7 due to the battery issue). Great hardware, great OS (Android), full encryption with a good feel and app support...

Jack

Sunday, May 7, 2017 7:50 AM