none
Azure Devops release pipeline "Deploy BizTalk Application" task RRS feed

• Question

• I want to make a multi deployment server using the "Deploy BizTalk Application" task on azure release pipline from a deployment group job, but the task install all the artifacts (add resources, gac, bindings) on the 3 servers . is there a way to limit the bindings and adding resources only on the first node?

the current behaviour generate an exception : 

Concurrency Violation encountered while Updating

other thing, In Biztalk 2016 FP2 MSFT has added an enhancement for deployment group, someone knows what is really changed?

thanks for your help

Friday, May 10, 2019 10:25 AM

All replies

• I cannot answer your question as I'm not a user of Azure, but you can do steps manually if needed.  btstask.exe is bundled with BizTalk that performs a lot of operations (including bindings and resources) so you could move those steps to a custom command using btstask.

There are also some Powershell extensions bundled with your installation that allow you to do a lot more through powershell (you'll have to execute the script in a 32-bit powershell environment).

If this is helpful or answers your question - please mark accordingly.
    Because I get points for it which gives my life purpose (also, it helps other people find answers quickly)
    Read my articles on: BizTalk | .NET

Wednesday, August 28, 2019 12:51 PM