Multiple Versions of BizTalk Server in a Server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I have a development environment/ staging environment where I use the BizTalk Server 2006. Recently I was asked to develop a new project in BizTalk using its latest version i.e BizTalk Server 2009. Is it possible to have two versions 2006 and 2009 in the same servers and operate smoothly and effeciently without affecting my old applications built on 2006?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Ram.
    Friday, September 11, 2009 5:09 PM

Answers

• No this is not directly possible .BizTalk 2009 installtion will ask you for an inplace upgrade. 

But in your case I believe you are doing a migration project where you need to have both servers running on same machine.  I would recommend you use Virtual machines ( VMware /Virtual PC ) .

I have run multiple versions of Biztalk simultaneously in Virtual machines .

Happy BizTalking

Friday, September 11, 2009 5:22 PM

All replies

• Yes make the BTS 2009 on VPC.
    Thanks, Raja
    • Proposed as answer by Raja.Kumaravel Friday, September 11, 2009 5:22 PM
  • No this is not directly possible .BizTalk 2009 installtion will ask you for an inplace upgrade. 

But in your case I believe you are doing a migration project where you need to have both servers running on same machine.  I would recommend you use Virtual machines ( VMware /Virtual PC ) .

I have run multiple versions of Biztalk simultaneously in Virtual machines .

Happy BizTalking