Windows Security asking for Password RRS feed

• Question

• Recently when I tried reaching my university network through their VPN client the VPN connected then when I tried to open up the network, a 'Windows Security' window appears asking for network credentials. I Tried every password I thought I would use, none of which work. I then went into the network credentials settings and changed the password. Tried that password and still still no access was granted. I have also tried turning off passwords for credentials but it still asks for one!

I never had this problem before and means I cannot access my Uni work!

I've recently added another account to the computer but I fail to see how this would change anything. And the last time I used this connection was too far back for me to remember what else I might have changed.

I have now returned to uni and cannot access their network through my computer which is now wired straight to their Local area network.

Sunday, April 27, 2014 8:58 PM

Answers

•  I then went into the network credentials settings and changed the password. Tried that password and still still no access was granted. I have also tried turning off passwords for credentials but it still asks for one!

Hi,

When you use VPN to connect your university network,you need to use VPN account and password.

As you said,you changed the password and turned off pasword for credentials.

Did you perform these actions on your local machine?

Since this issue is related to university network ,I suggest that you contact the netword administrator for help.

Regards,

Regards,

Kelvin Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, April 28, 2014 8:39 AM

All replies

• 1. Ask network administrator for help. Chances are that you are blocked due to predescribed number of unsuccessful attempts.

2. Double check the configuration of your network and security settings. Other studets will show you their configuration.

3. Wired and unwired access may be different.

4. Some universities has troubleshooting web that shows both the successful and unsuccessful attempts. (We had it for our Eduroam network. Not much, but useful info.)

This problem is not on the Windows side but in your configuration. It is well beyond the scope of this forum to find solution without knowing configuration detailes.

Regards

Milos

Monday, April 28, 2014 8:17 AM
  •  I then went into the network credentials settings and changed the password. Tried that password and still still no access was granted. I have also tried turning off passwords for credentials but it still asks for one!

Hi,

When you use VPN to connect your university network,you need to use VPN account and password.

As you said,you changed the password and turned off pasword for credentials.

Did you perform these actions on your local machine?

Since this issue is related to university network ,I suggest that you contact the netword administrator for help.

Regards,

Regards,

Kelvin Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, April 28, 2014 8:39 AM
  • thank you I will ask them. It's just confusing as i used it for the best part of a year without having to put in a password?!
    Thursday, May 1, 2014 2:34 PM