Windows updates failed to install with error code : 800F0831 in Windows Server 2012 R2 RRS feed

• Question

• Dears,

I've an issue while update ws 2012 r2 updates from WSUS, firstly it windows failed to install 31 update after troubleshooting and trace CBS.LOG i tried to download each update and install it manually but i received the same error, the only update that is successfully installed is (kb4041693) after restart the server the update install 23 update, the other 8 update failed to install with the same error code 800F0831 

i tried : 1- rename SoftwareDistribution 

2- SFC /scannow   with now error 

3- DISM /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth  fail with error 14005

please find attached photos for more details.

Friday, December 22, 2017 5:26 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Please try to manually download the update(one of the problematic updates, such as KB3045685) from Microsoft Windows Update Catalog and confirm that if you can manually install it.

Microsoft Windows Update Catalog:
    https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/home.aspx

If problem persists, please clear CBS.log first, then, try to install updates, if failed, provide me the CBS.log file.

You can upload file to OneDrive(https://onedrive.live.com/). Share it and provide me the access link.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 25, 2017 8:03 AM
  • Hi,

How things are going there on this issue?

Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 27, 2017 1:56 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update?

Please click “Mark as answer” if the reply is helpful. It would make this reply to the top and easier to be found for other people who has the similar problem.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Friday, December 29, 2017 7:16 AM