Windows Security Credentials Popup RRS feed

• Question

• Please help me make this stop popping up! Windows Security keeps asking me to enter my credentials. I am already signed into Outlook and receiving email. In addition I use Exchange server for my email. I've already deleted the account and recreated it several times. I've updated my laptop and don't know what else to do.

Windows 10

Outlook 2013

Exchange server

Tuesday, September 13, 2016 2:02 PM

Answers

• Hi,

What's your detailed Exchange server version and Outlook 2013 version? In Outlook, please click File > Account > About Outlook to collect the version information.

Additionally, please try to clean up the cached credential on your computer. Then fill in with the format of UPN when it prompted for credentials next time and check the Remember my credential to save it. About how to remove cached credentials, please follow these steps:
    1. Launch the Credential Manager from Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Credential Manager.
    2. Click Windows Credentials. In the Generic Credentials section you’ll see a setting for [MS Outlook] or Office which will include your SSO details. Click the downward-pointing arrow to the right of that value.
    3. In the expand details, click Remove from vault.

Then confirm if the issue can be resolved.

Regards,

Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 14, 2016 9:51 AM