Windows startup menu pops up automatically RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I have a dell inspiron with windows 10. I recently got an update after which my windows start up menu keeps opening on its own. Why is it so? I was getting an error message which said that intel widi or something was not supported with my version. Is it because of that? 
    Saturday, October 22, 2016 12:30 AM

Answers

• Hello,

Please run Start Menu troubleshooter and see if it helps:

http://www.kapilarya.com/download-start-menu-troubleshooter-for-windows-10

Hope this helps, Good luck :)

Microsoft MVP (Windows and Devices for IT)

Windows Insider MVP

Windows Help & Support [www.kapilarya.com]

Saturday, October 22, 2016 10:25 AM
  • Hi ,

What is the exact error message?

For your start menus issue, please refer to Kapil.Arya's suggestion to have a try. 
    And for your intel widi or something was not supported issue, please share us the exact error message which will be very helpful for us to understand your problem. Then, uninstall the intel driver, reboot the computer to let Windows reinstall it automatically or download and install the last version of Windows 10 compatible driver for your machine model. Check if the issue can be fixed.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 24, 2016 2:17 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Please run Start Menu troubleshooter and see if it helps:

http://www.kapilarya.com/download-start-menu-troubleshooter-for-windows-10

Hope this helps, Good luck :)

Microsoft MVP (Windows and Devices for IT)

Windows Insider MVP

Windows Help & Support [www.kapilarya.com]

Saturday, October 22, 2016 10:25 AM
  • Hi ,

What is the exact error message?

For your start menus issue, please refer to Kapil.Arya's suggestion to have a try. 
    And for your intel widi or something was not supported issue, please share us the exact error message which will be very helpful for us to understand your problem. Then, uninstall the intel driver, reboot the computer to let Windows reinstall it automatically or download and install the last version of Windows 10 compatible driver for your machine model. Check if the issue can be fixed.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 24, 2016 2:17 AM