none
Error: The specified procedure could not be found

Question

• Apparently the password expired on my Windows 7 BETA installation. Upon restart the system notifies me and asks for a new password. After confirming the password I get the error:

"The specified procedure could not be found"

I cannot log in at this point. The old password won't let me in and I can't change it. The administrator account I found is disabled by default.

Is there any way to log in?

Tuesday, March 10, 2009 8:01 PM

Answers

• Okay, here is your dilemma.

You cannot login to your only account and the local administrator account is in its default disabled mode.

There is a solution, albeit totally unsupported.  Go to http://www.sysresccd.org/Main_Page and download the latest SystemRescueCd.  Burn a CD from the ISO.  When you boot with the SystemRescue CD, you will type ntpass and hit <enter>.  From there, make sure you read the screens.  You will have make selections depending on how you loaded Windows 7 (clean vs. upgrade vs. dual boot, etc).  Using this disk, you CAN enable the local administrator’s account and login in.

I just did the procedure using Windows 7, build 7000 with SystemRescueCd 1.1.6.

Good luck.

Wednesday, March 11, 2009 12:08 AM

All replies

• Okay, here is your dilemma.

You cannot login to your only account and the local administrator account is in its default disabled mode.

There is a solution, albeit totally unsupported.  Go to http://www.sysresccd.org/Main_Page and download the latest SystemRescueCd.  Burn a CD from the ISO.  When you boot with the SystemRescue CD, you will type ntpass and hit <enter>.  From there, make sure you read the screens.  You will have make selections depending on how you loaded Windows 7 (clean vs. upgrade vs. dual boot, etc).  Using this disk, you CAN enable the local administrator’s account and login in.

I just did the procedure using Windows 7, build 7000 with SystemRescueCd 1.1.6.

Good luck.

Wednesday, March 11, 2009 12:08 AM
  • Dear All,

The Windows 7 is so far ok.. except when hitting this unspecified procedure not found!!!!
       Thanks for DarienHawk67... solution and it works.

I totally recovered the Windows 7 so can resume testing.

Really Appreciated!!!!!

Victim survive....
    Thursday, May 14, 2009 4:46 AM
  • I'm getting the same error when trying to join a PC to a domain.

I'm wondering, will the SystemRescueCd be able to repair this error??

Friday, February 27, 2015 4:20 AM
  • I'm getting the same error when trying to join a PC to a domain.

I'm wondering, will the SystemRescueCd be able to repair this error??

Friday, February 27, 2015 4:20 AM