none
External Users getting Access Denied in SharePoint Online site

Question

• We sent invitation to a exetrnal user using Azure Active Directory for our Office 365 SharePoint Online Site.

User successfully signed up and has contribute access on the site .

Still, while accessing the site he is getting access denied error. This is specific to one site. He is able to access the other sites.

This site has unique permissions.The requirement is to provide access on a single list to that user.

After providing the access , user gets access denied when tried the list url.

However , when i tried with my personal id , I was able to successfully sign up and access the list url when provided unique permissions.

• Edited by Vj_28 Friday, May 11, 2018 2:43 PM
    Friday, May 11, 2018 2:40 PM

All replies

• Hi Vj_28,

Please log on the site using a site collection administrator account, then go to Site Settings->Site Collection features, find "Limited-access user permission lockdown mode" feature, make sure it is deactivated. If it is activated, please deactivate it.

Thanks,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Wali666 Thursday, May 17, 2018 10:05 AM
    Monday, May 14, 2018 7:52 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking to see how things are going there on this issue.

Thanks,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, May 21, 2018 9:52 AM
  • Hi Vj_28,

Would you please provide us with an update on the status of your issue?

Thanks,

Wendy

Thursday, May 24, 2018 5:53 AM
  • Hi Wendy,

I had the same problem as VJ_29 and your solution worked perfectly!

Thank you.

Ferran Chopo
    MCPD Web, MCSE: Data Platform
    Web: http://www.ferranchopo.com Twitter: @fchopo

Monday, July 16, 2018 3:59 PM
  • I did it, and the external users are able to view the folder I shared. But there is NO content inside. Why?

I have a folder with some docx and pdf files but I can see just empty subfolders...

Tuesday, September 25, 2018 8:51 AM
  • This worked for me too, thanks for sharing!

Ulhas Morbale http://mysharepointlab.blogspot.in/

Wednesday, May 29, 2019 7:53 AM