none
Office 2019 Default Printer issue RRS feed

• Question

• I am having an issue with one of my user's computer:

When trying to print from Outlook 2019, the default printer is always Microsoft print to PDF. The user wants the default to be his personal printer at work for obvious reasons. No matter what I try, I cannot change the outlook default printer. The default printer on the computer is the users' work printer.  The user is on a domain.

Things I've tried:

• SFC /scannow (Only tried because I thought it might have been a windows issue)
    • Deleting the printer and updating drivers
    • Restarting
    • Reseting, repairing, and uninstalling Outlook
    • changing the default printer

Note: Windows does not control the printers.

Office 2019 came preinstalled on this Dell laptop. So <g class="gr_ gr_74 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_disable_anim_appear Grammar only-ins replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="74" id="74">office</g> is installed through the Microsoft store. That means you have to do everything through the Microsoft store. All the user data was retained after the reinstall. There is no online repair option like on normal Microsoft office. 

I appreciate any help with this issue.

Friday, March 15, 2019 5:35 PM

All replies

• Hi Clampcoproducts,

Does this issue only occur to Outlook?
    How about other Office applications or other software like Notepad?

Please double confirm you have modified the default Printer for Windows 10 system following this article. Besides, it is suggested to try reinstalling Office via  www.office.com (use the account associated with the Office purchase) and see if there will be any difference.

Any findings, feel free to post back.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, March 18, 2019 6:01 AM
  • The issue only occurs on Microsoft office products. The issue does not happen on anything else.

I have modified the default printer multiple times and it doesn't fix the issue.

Monday, March 18, 2019 2:26 PM
  • The issue only occurs on Microsoft office products. The issue does not happen on anything else.

I have modified the default printer multiple times and it doesn't fix the issue.

Is it possible for your to reinstall Office 2019 from www.office.com using the Microsoft account associated with your Office products? 

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, March 19, 2019 6:01 AM