locked
Exchange 2010 Orphaned Public Folder GAL Entries RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

    We are running Exchange 2010 SP2 RU3. We migrated from Exchange 2003 to 2010 and have been running with Exchange 2010 for over a year now.

    We've recently hit an issue with Public Folders. We've deleted some public folders but they are still showing up in the address book. I've run the following commands:

    get-addresslist|update-addresslist
    get-globaladdresslist|update-globaladdresslist
    get-offlineaddressbok|update-offlineaddressbook

    And I get the following errors:

    WARNING: The recipient ".../Microsoft Exchange System Objects/Schedule+ Free Busy Information - Division" is invalid and couldn't be updated.
    WARNING: The recipient ".../Microsoft Exchange System Objects/OAB Version 2" is invalid and couldn't be updated.
    WARNING: The recipient ".../Microsoft Exchange System Objects/Offline Address Book - \/o=xxxxxx\/cn=addrlists\/cn=oab 46658412" is invalid and couldn't be updated.
    WARNING: The recipient ".../Microsoft Exchange System Objects/OAB Version 2 30125729" is invalid and couldn't be
     updated.
    WARNING: The recipient ".../Microsoft Exchange System Objects/OAB Version 4" is invalid and couldn't be updated.
    WARNING: The recipient ".../Microsoft Exchange System Objects/OAB Version 3a" is invalid and couldn't be
    updated.
    WARNING: The recipient ".../Contacts/Other-Contacts/xxxxx xxxxx (External)" is invalid and couldn't be
    updated.

    I've checked the GAL both within Outlook and within OWA and the public folders are still showing.

    I've double checked the folders are deleted on both exchange server and they are. Running the following:

    get-recipient -results unlimited | where {$_.emailaddresses -match "user@domain.co.uk"} | select name,emailaddresses,recipienttype

    Shows that the email addresses that were assigned to the public folders are still existing within exchange.

    Running out of options and wondered if anyone else had any ideas?

    Thanks in advance

    
    
    
    
    
    
    
    
    
    
    Friday, August 31, 2012 7:47 AM

Answers

All replies

  • Friday, August 31, 2012 9:41 AM
  • Hi girish,

    Thanks for the links.

    With the information contained within them, I managed to work out how to resolve this.

    1.) Opened Active Director Users and Computer

    2.) Clicked on View, Advanced Features

    3.) Selected Microsoft Exchange System Objects

    4.) Found and highlighted the offending public folders

    5.) Deleted the entries - Waited 10 minutes for AD replication

    6.) In the Exchange 2010 Powershell screen, I entered the following command:

    Update-GlobalAddressList -Identity "Default Global Address List"

    7.) Expanded Organization Configuration in EMC, selected Mailbox, Selected the Offline Address Book, right clicked on Offline Address Book and selected Update

    This has resolved our issue now

    Thank you very much

    Friday, August 31, 2012 1:58 PM
  • In my case i deleted v2, v3a OAB form public folder, but i think it was not fix of problem.

    And then simply retype email adress in AD user object, execute update commands in shell and user is back in GAL

    Get-GlobalAddressList | Update-GlobalAddressList
    Get-OfflineAddressBook | Update-OfflineAddressBook
    Get-ClientAccessServer | Update-FileDistributionService

    Friday, March 27, 2015 1:24 PM